Turn on thread page Beta

That feeling when your friends do better than you in an exam. :/ watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I like my friends. It's just I hate that feeling when they do sooo much better than you.
    It really gets to me and stresses me out, What could I do. Please don't suggest to revise with them.

ReputationRep:
    I use to know how you feel.
    But think about it this way:
    Other people's grades dont hinder how well you do. Just because they do well doesnt mean you cant too. Everyone has different capabilities and the only person you should compete with is yourself. Try to do better than you did the last time, dont try to do as good as or better than others. You're working towards your future and they're working towards their's.
    Get rid of the mindset about caring about how well other people are doing: thats good for them but it doesnt affect you. Dont be ashamed of what grades you get either, the more you're confident about it(good or bad) the less people will care if you dont do well. You're not going to do amazing in every test you do. Just aim to get the best grade YOU can at the end of the year when it really counts.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SashaF)
    I like my friends. It's just I hate that feeling when they do sooo much better than you.
    It really gets to me and stresses me out, What could I do. Please don't suggest to revise with them.
    How do you act if you do better than your friends?
    If you did badly and your friends did really well how would you like them to go about it? Not question? Say it alrighty?

ReputationRep:
    Education is a personal journey. Focus on how to better yourself, and do not worry about how others do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.