Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think you've made the right decision. They're a nice mix of subjects.

A-level law is very interesting. I'd recommend it. Oh, and to these people:

"Even if you wanted to do law at university, you wouldn't need it at AS or A Level."

"Law a-level is pointless and doesn[']t advantage you at all for getting into a law degree"

Not everyone wants to do a law degree. If you don't want to do a law degree then it's highly rewarding.

And I still got a place at a good law school doing A-level law, so it doesn't always disadvantage you.

Be warned: it's harder than A-level Maths. And I got an A* in Maths at GCSE as well.

I wasn't saying everyone wanted to do a Law degree or that doing Law for AS/A Level would be a disadvantage, only that it's not a requirement to do it at degree level.

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Be warned: it's harder than A-level Maths.
    Errrr I don't think so.

I took AS French last year and I absolutely hated it!!! I had wanted to do Chemistry, Physics, French and Geography, but because of the way the timetable worked out last year it was not possible for me to do geography, as well as both chemistry and physics, so I had to do maths instead.

However I wish I had not picked French, and dropped it as soon as I finished my AS's. I didn't really find it that interesting at all, but maybe thats cos we got 2 strict teachers, who didn't make it fun or interesting to learn. I only got a C in the end (2 marks off a B though but I think that was down to a bad oral exam.) but none of the Uni's I have applied to will acknowledge the points in their offer so its slightly pointless. I really wish i'd have been able to do geography as I found it really easy (got A* at GCSE with relatively little work), and it would have been a nice break from Chemistry and Physics, but now as it happens I have maths as well which isn't really a break at all!!!

Good Luck with whatever you decide!!!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.