Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am just wondering what studying full time with the Open University is like?
    I have done two years part time (one year studying a 60 credit module and my current year which is two 30 credit modules). It is ok and although some thing are challenging academically, I have not had too much of an issue with organising it or getting it done. So I am asking if full time study is really stressful or hard or if there are any specific problems?
    I would be perfectly able to commit and time wouldn't really be an issue.

I appreciate your replies.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I have only studied part time at the OU but presumably this depends on what other commitments you have -without knowing them it's hard to comment.

you might get more useful replies in the OU forum btw

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply.
    Commitment-wise it wouldn't be an issue, most days I could dedicate what is needed (plus more as thats when you normally do well).
    I have this post in there also, as I thought I would get more valuable feedback as both would apply to an extent.

Thanks again.

ReputationRep:
    My first degree with the OU was half part time and the remaining full time...in the last 1.5 year I had no social life but worked 40 hr and studied 30 hrs a week. I'm now being funded to study another degree full time and still working full time. It's hard work but I enjoy it...I have a limited social life but that's through choice over anything. Hope that helps?

PS I'm single with no children, hats off to those with either and still manage to study!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply.
    Honestly, I am not really a social person, I have friends but don't really meet anyone, I just spend my time with partner. That is not an issue, just put more time for uni. I have the time to give it, I could start doing it now but i'm halfway through modules so i'm considering it for October.
    Well done though, holding down full time work and Uni, must get hard.

Thanks

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.