Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anybody got friends with benefits?

At what age did you first get them?

Is there any point?

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Our relationship ended up becoming totally platonic we became best friends and shes now my land lady....

Not sure how that one came about.

There is a point. A relationship without any of the commitments. However there is a risk that one member will start wanting more. It then becomes stressful. Been there, done that.

I was 22ish.

ReputationRep:
    Waste of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fun. That's the point. If only for a short time.

If it lasts longer than, maybe, 2 months it starts becoming odd.

ReputationRep:
    It's not good, like u start to feel dirty and stuff,like it's fun when it's done but after it's like omg what the hell did I do. What do u guys think? Maybe others dnt feel that way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Walters)
    Yep. Our relationship ended up becoming totally platonic we became best friends and shes now my land lady....

Well... that sounds awkward. I'd move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpiff)
    Well... that sounds awkward. I'd move.
    How would it be awkward at all? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I only wish I had a fwb, I've always wanted one. It's so nice to have sex with a girl and not make things complicated. But they're so hard to find, for some reason people are obsessed with the idea of only having sex with just one person while being in a relationship with just that one person, it's such an annoying thing. Silly concept really, needs a major overhaul.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can be good if you stick to ground rules and really don't make any effort to think about or speak to them outside of secksy times

ReputationRep:
    From my experience with them, its important to make sure that feelings don't get involved otherwise it does get really stressful and complex really quickly. If you are thinking about being fwb with somebody, try keep it on the down low as when you do eventually want a proper relationship with someone they might be a bit apprehensive going out as they might think you're less loyal.

ReputationRep:
    Waste of time and energy

ReputationRep:
    I had one for a brief period of time, it's good if you want casual sex with fewer risks but I think it takes a particular type of person to sleep with someone regularly without forming some kind of romantic attraction to that person and I'm really not that type of person. I'm not saying they're bad people, they're just more capable of emotional detachment than me.

ReputationRep:
    No point. Sex means nothing if you have no emotional feeling towards the other person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrOfPharmacy)
    No point. Sex means nothing if you have no emotional feeling towards the other person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *nods*

Been there and it's a waste of time and energy! I finally found the courage to get rid of the guy I was 'knocking' about for 10months a few weeks ago. It began to feel like he was using me, and I got bored of it. The sex became average and I wasn't enjoying it anymore. So I finished it and blocked him on all forms of social media. And like someone else said, it began to feel 'odd' . .

ReputationRep:
    Most of my relations with girls over the years have been tantamount to FWBs, mostly because I've got together with girls who frankly didn't wow me enough - somewhat out of necessity (owing to my health making it difficult to go out and game wench-folk most of the time). They're better than solitude/abstinence but rarely terribly rewarding, not to mention ethical/sustainable :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.