iamsuperwoman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was listening to a TedX video and it asked me what do I really want.. in a job. I wrote down the following:

-- Wake up every morning an head towards the City (London). I want to work in the city as I like the buzz for it and it is home.

-- Advising clients on policies and regulations (within the banking/fiance sector).

-- Looking for great opportunities in the market and informing my clients (ranging from private to institutions) about it, as well as looking for risks.

-- Helping to write/advising on new policy or policy amendments.

What job is this?
Commercial Paper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iamsuperwoman)
I was listening to a TedX video and it asked me what do I really want.. in a job. I wrote down the following:

-- Wake up every morning an head towards the City (London). I want to work in the city as I like the buzz for it and it is home.

-- Advising clients on policies and regulations (within the banking/fiance sector).

-- Looking for great opportunities in the market and informing my clients (ranging from private to institutions) about it, as well as looking for risks.

-- Helping to write/advising on new policy or policy amendments.

What job is this?
Compliance, Private Wealth Management or Global Investment Research.

For the last point or anything focusing on policies, that's more a type of role you'd do in the FCA or Bank of England.

Posted from TSR Mobile
iamsuperwoman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by will2348)
Compliance, Private Wealth Management or Global Investment Research.

For the last point or anything focusing on policies, that's more a type of role you'd do in the FCA or Bank of England.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so so much!
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As above it would sound like Compliance or risk analyst in a sort of wealth management role.
iamsuperwoman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by gr8wizard10)
As above it would sound like Compliance or risk analyst in a sort of wealth management role.
So I got a job in an investment bank (top 5) working in compliance. I am hoping to do a seat in asset management. Is this what you meant above?

Again. thank you. You have really helped me.
Commercial Paper
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by iamsuperwoman)
So I got a job in an investment bank (top 5) working in compliance. I am hoping to do a seat in asset management. Is this what you meant above?

Again. thank you. You have really helped me.
Put simply...

Asset Management is where you're more likely to work with institutional clients.

Private Wealth Management is where you just advise high net worth individuals.

So they are similar in some respects but the main difference is generally in what type of client.
iamsuperwoman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by will2348)
Put simply...

Asset Management is where you're more likely to work with institutional clients.

Private Wealth Management is where you just advise high net worth individuals.

So they are similar in some respects but the main difference is generally in what type of client.
Can I do these things while working in a compliance role sitting in these particular divisions..?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads