Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    hi, i am currently reapplying for student finance for my second year at uni and i have got to the part of the form where it asks if i want to apply for DSA's. currently for my first year i receive help from DSA's and i have heard somewhere that i don't need to reapply but i then if thats true on my student finance application it will look as if i don't want DSA's for my second year- which i do.
    so my question is do i need to reapply for DSA's or do i just skip that part on the student finance form?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You have to reapply. Unless your situation has changed, you won't nedvanother assessment.

ReputationRep:
    The renewal application process for students applying for DSA:

Question: For returning students who have applied for DSA in previous years, do they need to re-apply?
    Answer: No. The only students who need to re-apply for DSA each year are students who are part time, post graduate or ‘DSA only’ students (i.e. students who are not applying for maintenance loans / grants or a tuition fee loan). These students need to apply each year by completing the DSA1 form available on direct.gov.co.uk.

Undergraduate students who are applying for maintenance loans / grants and / or a tuition fee loan do not need to complete a DSA1 form to renew their application for DSA. Support will automatically be in place for each year of their course as per the recommendations of the Needs Assessment report. Any general allowance claims need to be accompanied by the claim form which is downloadable from the direct.gov website and submitted with the receipts. This will only cease if the student withdraws, suspends or transfers and the DSA Team has to review the Needs Assessment recommendations.

ReputationRep:
    I have never had to reapply, DSA just continues automatically while you are at university. I think the bit on the form just triggers them to send u a new application form because i did that once then had to ask my university and they told me to ignore it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.