Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, I'm new to the forums and was interested if anyone could give me some advice.

Me and 7 of my friends have decided to go to Zante this August for a week and I was wondering if anyone who has been previously could give us some advice on what we've signed up for.

I'm not alien to the concept of "lads on tour" culture, me and some of my mates spent a week in Malia last year, and I found it a bit of a mixed bag. I'm a big drinker so obviously I was loving all the cheap deals on offer, and all of the paid excursions (booze cruise, paint party etc.) were way more enjoyable than I expected. But the nightlife was a bit skewered, very high pole to hole ratio which was a bit disappointing and there were some pretty rough areas on the strip as well.

We'd heard Zante was "less rough" than Malia and a better destination all round really.

So, anyone who's been to Zante please post your opinions and experiences and whether or not you think there's a big difference between the two.

ReputationRep:
    Heard it was the other way round i.e. Malia 'safer' than Zante - either way these two are both very similar.

We booked Malia simply because it was cheaper (by like 20 quid), but i think wherever you go you'll have a good time, they're all pretty similar with minor differences in drink cost/club quality/safety.

ReputationRep:
    We went to Zante back in 2011.. It was good for the usual cheap booze on the strip. We went on the First Choice bar crawl not the 18-30 one and it was a good laugh, we didn't do a booze cruise but you have to go to St Nicks beach for water sports due to the turtles and the booze cruise stopped their and everyone packed onto the beach in a big Q basically just to go on the water sports. Luckily we done the Jet Skis before the booze cruise showed up lol. The water, if you go on a boat trip is crystal clear!

Youl have a good time but malia, zante, magaluf .. the strip is the strip so unless your looking for something different then your just gonna have the cheap booze, music and girls in short shorts lol

ReputationRep:
    I went to Malia last summer and it was amazing. I loved every second but Zante's supposed to be the place to go this summer so we've just booked to go there instead! If you have any questions on Malia, let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankiepb93)
    I went to Malia last summer and it was amazing. I loved every second but Zante's supposed to be the place to go this summer so we've just booked to go there instead! If you have any questions on Malia, let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah man we went to Malia last year, it was a right laugh. We stayed at Hotel Frixos at the top of the strip, which hotel did you stay at?

Yeah we've heard a lot of good buzz about Zante this year as well, which hotel are you at? We're at Laganas.

ReputationRep:
    Went to Zante in July of last year, loved it. Which ever destination you go to there will be far more guys than girls. Not quite sure why this is. Have Malia booked this summer too, buzzing. From my understanding the pole to hole ratio goes as such
    Best to worse
    Malia
    Zante
    Kos
    Kavos
    Ayia Napa
    Magaluf

ReputationRep:
    Fun but too many kids.. 16-18 year olds (I went when I was 21) so depends how old you are and if that would bother you. It was good though, good clubs and bars. I've heard Malia and Napa are crazy so if you don't want crazy and "less rough" like you said then go to Zante. More toned down lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.