The Student Room Group

How can I get rid of bags from under my eyes?

I seem to have a lot of bags under my eyes, even if I don't feel tired when I wake up in the mornings. That is strange because they should be linked to how tired (or not!) I feel in the mornings. It is getting a bit embarassing and makes me want to not go out at times. Does anyone have any tips on how to eradicate bags?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cucumber slices on your eyes :biggrin:
Reply 2
sleep. lol.

I usually find that, as with all blemishes, there is very little that cover stick cannot hide. Just a few streaks under your eyes, blend them i a bit, et voila! the skin tone will match with the rest of your face!
Reply 3
omlette
sleep. lol.

I usually find that, as with all blemishes, there is very little that cover stick cannot hide. Just a few streaks under your eyes, blend them i a bit, et voila! the skin tone will match with the rest of your face!

That never works for me.. for some strange reason!
Reply 4
omlette
sleep. lol.

Is that makeup? Would it look weird on guys? I freaking hate my bags underneath my eyes lol :frown:
Reply 5
Seriously.. cucumbers! I've heard something go around before about heamorroid cream for bags too..but i don't know if i'd try that without proof! :eek:
Reply 6
put cold tea bags on your eyes. the tannin in tea can reduce swelling and discolouration.
Reply 7
Michael Jackson had an operation to remove bags from under his eyes.

From this:

To this:

Reply 8
Boil up 2 teabags, and as hot as you can bear put them over your eyes...I picked this tip uo from a glamour model :s-smilie:, but it really does work.
touche eclait is ment to be good..but it doesnt cover mine:frown::frown:
Reply 10
lol soz, i didn't think that the poster could be a bloke. but still, u cud try it. If not, go for the T bag/cucumber combo. Or spoons; put 2 in the fridge for a while and then hold them over your eyes.
Reply 11
wow - i have bags under my eyes too but i tend to just use concealer lol :-/

i should try the teabag idea, although i feel like it may stain it more haha.
Reply 12
use a good eye cream morning and night. i use a MAC one (£19) but body shop do a good vitamin e one for £7.
Reply 13
yeah teabags are good, but not hot, this will only draw the blood to the area and make them more swollen/puffy. COLD teabags (caffienated and damp) will allow the tannin to have an effect. use for a bout 10-15 minutes in the morning.
Reply 14
Why don't you try using Clinique's All About Eyes! You'll see results instantly :wink:
Buy an Eye cream, you can purchase it from your local chemist also drink lots of water on a daily basis.
teabags at night or teabags in the morning? I hardly have any time in the morn so is it ok to use em at night ?

Oh my god I cant believe I'm asking this :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 17
A high molar Sulfuric acid will remove unsightly facial areas.

Try it sometime
I always used the tea bags in the morning, and I'm not sure how effective they would be at night I'm afraid.
Reply 19
My doctor and I were having a chat about this one time and he said that yes bags are caused by too little/too much sleep, fluid retention etc. But he said that another reason is weight loss or gain. At first I was like what, are you trying to tell me I have fat eyes lol but he said that if you lose a significant amount of weight off your face then you have slightly excess skin around your eyes where there used to be flesh, and that excess skin then just droops into bags. Now my bags aren't that bad, I mean I don't have huge folds of skin or anything but I have permanently discolouration and a few very fine lines, but because they are there regardless of how tired/fresh I am, I've put them down to slight weight loss, about a year ago. (I lost weight off my face first). And there's nothing much you can do about that! Good make up, teabags/spoons etc will make your eyes look brighter short-term though.

Latest

Trending

Trending