The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Accommodation at Huddersfield

Scroll to see replies

It's been 3 weeks. I'm gonna email them if nothing happens by Friday. I'm getting worried :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
I got a offer after I emailed them. Hopefully I'll be going there if I get the grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Hi guys, Ive been to check out student accommodation at Huddersfield recently.
The Digs accommodation which is the storthes hall isn't for someone who wants an quick and easy commute to and from the campus (20 minute bus journey). However if you prefer to live somewhere with hundreds of other students and Want to benefit from all the extra social aspects that come with it then it is something to consider. The prices aren't to bad either.
However, personally I prefer to live in close proximity to the Uni and the town centre. having the train station at a walking distance is ideal, if you are looking to spend nights out in Manchester or Leeds.
But I still don't want to miss out on the student halls experience. Though this comes with a higher price tag.

After some research I have come across quite a few places.
The one that appealed to me the most was Unite students. They have 3 different locations which are all walking distance from the Uni and town centre.

After comparing prices and locations I decided to go see Snow island. I went there and was surprised to see how close to the Uni it was... Literally across the road!

I went in and first impressions were quite good, the reception and the common room was nice and tidy and staff were really nice.

The room size I looked at was the classic ensuite which is the smallest they have but seemed a very good size.
In the complex they also have Pool tables, table tennis (Courtyard) and sofas to just chill and watch Tv.

Also I like how they have 400+ students living in the 12 blocks. And how this year 70% of them are first year students.
Which was a shock to them as they normally have 40-50% they suspect it is due to the falling demand of the halls far out from the town.

All in all I really like Snow island and think if you have similar wants to me you should defiantly go check it out for sure!

There are also others to check out like little Aspley,
The castings but they are quite expensive.
Unite students prices are reasonable for what you are getting in return.

Sorry for the lengthy message but that's just my take on things, I hope this helped in any way. And I wish everyone the best in finding the right place for you!

Regards
Ali
Original post by hussnainz
I got a offer after I emailed them. Hopefully I'll be going there if I get the grades!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!
Original post by Alihash
Hi guys, Ive been to check out student accommodation at Huddersfield recently.
The Digs accommodation which is the storthes hall isn't for someone who wants an quick and easy commute to and from the campus (20 minute bus journey). However if you prefer to live somewhere with hundreds of other students and Want to benefit from all the extra social aspects that come with it then it is something to consider. The prices aren't to bad either.
However, personally I prefer to live in close proximity to the Uni and the town centre. having the train station at a walking distance is ideal, if you are looking to spend nights out in Manchester or Leeds.
But I still don't want to miss out on the student halls experience. Though this comes with a higher price tag.

After some research I have come across quite a few places.
The one that appealed to me the most was Unite students. They have 3 different locations which are all walking distance from the Uni and town centre.

After comparing prices and locations I decided to go see Snow island. I went there and was surprised to see how close to the Uni it was... Literally across the road!

I went in and first impressions were quite good, the reception and the common room was nice and tidy and staff were really nice.

The room size I looked at was the classic ensuite which is the smallest they have but seemed a very good size.
In the complex they also have Pool tables, table tennis (Courtyard) and sofas to just chill and watch Tv.

Also I like how they have 400+ students living in the 12 blocks. And how this year 70% of them are first year students.
Which was a shock to them as they normally have 40-50% they suspect it is due to the falling demand of the halls far out from the town.

All in all I really like Snow island and think if you have similar wants to me you should defiantly go check it out for sure!

There are also others to check out like little Aspley,
The castings but they are quite expensive.
Unite students prices are reasonable for what you are getting in return.

Sorry for the lengthy message but that's just my take on things, I hope this helped in any way. And I wish everyone the best in finding the right place for you!

Regards
Ali

That was great help, thanks :smile: But, I was wondering do you get student finance? If so, when is it paid (like the instalment days). Sorry, I know this isn't specific to accomodation at huddersfield, but I'm needing know to decide which accomodation to apply for :smile:?
Hi, do you know anyone who will be staying the castings next year?
Original post by Blobby1234
Hi, do you know anyone who will be staying the castings next year?

If you have put down your deposit for The Castings there is currently a 2015/16 Castings Facebook group to see who you will be staying with and to exchange information.
i was just wondering if there is anyway of seeing what the timetable is like for pharmacy is like for the first year? if anyone has information on what the timings are, for example is it 9-5 everyday?
Thank you
Hi there I'm currently a first year Costume design student at Huddersfield and Living at Snow Island and I've rebooked for next year so if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer if I can! :biggrin:
i really don't know where to stay im a bit worried because my mum wants me to live at the castings halls, but will there even be anyone there?
im quite a sociable person and I don't want to have to spend every night in, bored.. where would be the best place?
also, I am not staying in storthes hall as its a journey away and id prefer to be close to a train station
Hi, is anyone starting at Huddersfield in September and thinking of staying in halls. Im starting midwifery and me and someone else are looking to get a flat of student nurses/midwives together for ease on placements. We are going to stay in the castings. let me know if you are interested :smile: xxx
I'm staying at Aspley House, is anyone else? It looks ace, I went to visit and they have an actual cinema and gym that's free if you live there. I'm so excited to move in now!!!
Has anyone found any 1 person flats with bills included for a reasonable price? I've been looking around and can't seem to find any decent ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Hi Guys,

I have a Room reserved at Snow island, Premium Ensuite 1 which is at £117 per week currently (44 week Contract)
i managed to get it at £111 at the start of the year.

Unfortunately im not going to be moving there anymore, so instead of me cancelling it i thought i would see if anyone was interested in going to Snow island and save a bit of money,

Tenancy starts 12/09/15

We can transfer over the tenancy which will save you £264 (6x44) over the period of the contract.

I paid the £250 compulsory deposit, so if anyone is interested PM me and we can discuss further.

Regards.
Has anyone found any 1 person flats with bills included for a reasonable price? I've been looking around and can't seem to find any decent ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Hussnainz, did you manage to find a place in the end?
I decided to go with UNITE Students in the end. I'm thinking of getting a 1 bed flat after my first year.
I decided to go with UNITE Students in the end. I'm thinking of getting a 1 bed flat after my first year.

Cool. As long as you managed to grab a place :smile:
Hi everyone!!As we need to go back in France the 1staugust, we are currently looking for someone else to move in our studentaccommodation. This flat is perfect for a student alone or a couple ofstudents.It is located in front of the bigSainsbury and it is the property of Kirkgate Accomodations (check website). Thelocation is just perfect because it is very close to every activity inHuddersfield as well as the University itself (only 300 metres!!!) This flat is £150 per week alone and itis £175 per week for a couple (£87.5 each only!!) - Deposit £250 per person : ALLBILLS INCLUDED, FREE LCD TV with Freeview, FREE washer dryer, double bed, fullyintegrated kitchen, microwave/oven, FREE internet, a separate bedroom (doublebed) with en seuite bathroom and toilet, a fridge/freezer. Moreover, since January 2015, thelandlord replaced the 2 windows of the accommodation by new double glazedwindows.We decided to let you all the kitchenutensils, 2 desk lamps, one bathroom furniture and a hanger. If you are interested or if you knowsomeone who may be interested or if you want further information (for example, photos)please contact me ASAP.
Hi All,

Firstly, good luck to everyone who is picking up their A-level results today!

If anyone has any questions about Aspley House and Little Aspley House, then please feel free to ask!

For those that are coming to stay with us, we've created a private resident Facebook group so that you can begin to get to know your new flat mates, and know what you need to bring before you arrive :smile:
Original post by Prodigy Living
Hi All,

Firstly, good luck to everyone who is picking up their A-level results today!

If anyone has any questions about Aspley House and Little Aspley House, then please feel free to ask!

For those that are coming to stay with us, we've created a private resident Facebook group so that you can begin to get to know your new flat mates, and know what you need to bring before you arrive :smile:

Hey do you know what the accommodation policy for clearing students are?

How likely with I find a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending