The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CescaD96
I'm just terrified of being around people, even at school. Why would I then want to go out and watch my friends make fools of themselves getting drunk? When I'm home I can be alone to a degree and be safer to a degree.

I've only been diagnosed recently and when I told my friends they finally understood why I act like I do but since that I have been invited out for events and it lead me to snapping. I didn't want to but it's frustrating, isn't it?

Awww Cesca :hugs: I'm not terrified of people, just the whole night scene. Maybe one day I'll try it again, but just not right now. That's another thing! I'm tee-total, most of my friends get drunk on these nights out and I'd be the one having to drag them home/where ever they're staying. So I'm like you, I feel safer to a degree.

I can relate to that as well! My friends know the deal, but still try and guilt-trip me into going. It's nice of them to ask, but it's one of them things where if I'm ever comfortable to do this, I'll tell them. It is frustrating! To the point where it could get to the stage where I don't want to talk to them as much :redface:
Original post by IDukem
Awww Cesca :hugs: I'm not terrified of people, just the whole night scene. Maybe one day I'll try it again, but just not right now. That's another thing! I'm tee-total, most of my friends get drunk on these nights out and I'd be the one having to drag them home/where ever they're staying. So I'm like you, I feel safer to a degree.

I can relate to that as well! My friends know the deal, but still try and guilt-trip me into going. It's nice of them to ask, but it's one of them things where if I'm ever comfortable to do this, I'll tell them. It is frustrating! To the point where it could get to the stage where I don't want to talk to them as much :redface:

I just don't like people, really. I never have. And I'm already trying to come up with excuses to avoid a class meal and the leavers' party I have to go in the next 3 weeks.
I just don't like people, really. I never have. And I'm already trying to come up with excuses to avoid a class meal and the leavers' party I have to go in the next 3 weeks.

Could you straight up say that you don't want to go to them? Are you Uni bound in September? :smile:

I replied to another plea from the person but this time going into a little more detail about why I don't want to go, she ignored. I understand that the seen function on FB is a flawed thing in itself, but you just get this feeling that he other person is annoyed :redface:
Original post by IDukem
Could you straight up say that you don't want to go to them? Are you Uni bound in September? :smile:

I replied to another plea from the person but this time going into a little more detail about why I don't want to go, she ignored. I understand that the seen function on FB is a flawed thing in itself, but you just get this feeling that he other person is annoyed :redface:

Not really. The class meal only 1 person in the class is a close friend who knows about my depression and anxiety, and as for the leavers' do, that would cause a lot of bother. I can't wait to start uni in Scotland in September and to get away.

I hate it when people ignore the perfectly clear explanation you give.
Not really. The class meal only 1 person in the class is a close friend who knows about my depression and anxiety, and as for the leavers' do, that would cause a lot of bother. I can't wait to start uni in Scotland in September and to get away.

I hate it when people ignore the perfectly clear explanation you give.

Does the teacher know? They can't force you to do things like this. Aww that's awesome, what course are you planning on doing? :smile:

I think the whole "if people can't accept who you are, should they be a prominent figure in your life?" advice is something to consider here :redface:
Original post by IDukem
Does the teacher know? They can't force you to do things like this. Aww that's awesome, what course are you planning on doing? :smile:

I think the whole "if people can't accept who you are, should they be a prominent figure in your life?" advice is something to consider here :redface:

He does but I know he'd tell me that I have to enjoy myself and I should try blah blah blah, but the simple fact is that I don't want to, not yet.
I'm planning on studying History and Politics. :smile:

That's actually very good advice there.
He does but I know he'd tell me that I have to enjoy myself and I should try blah blah blah, but the simple fact is that I don't want to, not yet.
I'm planning on studying History and Politics. :smile:

That's actually very good advice there.

I'd put yourself first, if you don't feel up for it, then you perhaps it's best you don't go! Besides, he can't force you too :smile:
That sounds good, especially the History :smile:

It is, although hard to kinda fulfil that advice :redface:
Original post by IDukem
I'd put yourself first, if you don't feel up for it, then you perhaps it's best you don't go! Besides, he can't force you too :smile:
That sounds good, especially the History :smile:

It is, although hard to kinda fulfil that advice :redface:

At the same time, I hate letting people down. :frown: It's true he can't but he'd be disappointed.
At the same time, I hate letting people down. :frown: It's true he can't but he'd be disappointed.

I'm the exact same! I hate letting people down, but I hate doing something I'm really not comfortable in doing such s night outs n'all. It's so frustrating having these battles isn't it? :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh yes, I remember Kindred. :five: How're you getting on now?

Yeah, it's incredibly frustrating that nothing really seems to help and I have so little idea about what's going on. It's interesting that you mention ADD and vitamin deficiencies, I had blood tests etc before starting medication 8 years ago but nothing since. I might talk to my psychiatrist about that kind of angle to see if that unearths anything. Thanks for the advice. :smile:

Doing really well now :smile: at uni now and have almost made it through a whole year. Still having a few moments now and then but can deal with them with the help of my bf. Was considering trying to come off meds soon to see how I am off them but I'm too nervous at the moment.

Good idea. I hope it helps :smile: xx
I'm still trying to unmuddle what is causing what cos everything has such similar symptoms but since knowing there are multiple things going on I have so much more options.

:hugs: Hope whatever happens you start feeling better soon
Original post by BubbleMonkey
Doing really well now :smile: at uni now and have almost made it through a whole year. Still having a few moments now and then but can deal with them with the help of my bf. Was considering trying to come off meds soon to see how I am off them but I'm too nervous at the moment.

Good idea. I hope it helps :smile: xx
I'm still trying to unmuddle what is causing what cos everything has such similar symptoms but since knowing there are multiple things going on I have so much more options.

:hugs: Hope whatever happens you start feeling better soon

Good to hear things are looking better for you, confiding in people you trust will almost always help a lot.

I get that too, struggling to find out what exactly is causing what, and i have plenty of things wrong with me which makes other even more difficult :tongue: Still, enough time and thought can give you a pretty good idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
I'm the exact same! I hate letting people down, but I hate doing something I'm really not comfortable in doing such s night outs n'all. It's so frustrating having these battles isn't it? :frown:

It's physically draining sometimes.
that's my parents away home, it's been really nice to see them actually :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being ill/crying a lot has given me the worst headache. Feel really low. :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

I can't stop my hands from shaking.
Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

Oh I'm so sorry Scary. Wish I could have been helpful last night, I was struggling too. How are you now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
urgh, have severe indigestion from somewhere :s-smilie: felt fine earlier but went to the loo a while ago & since then I feel horrible. feel awful as well cause it means I have to ask my mum to postpone going to hers & I know she'll be annoyed -_-

Latest