The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moment of truth
What things have you tried to help you with sleeping? Have you tried to sleep with some sleep music on? It may not work straight away (or at all for you) but I found that it was quite helpful for me. It may take you a while with the music on to sleep, but you should drift off at some point :smile:

Music helps for me after while but i get so tangled up in my earphones it gets pointless when i can't move about... :P
Original post by Midnightmemories
Music helps for me after while but i get so tangled up in my earphones it gets pointless when i can't move about... :P

Ahh, fair enough. Do you have to listen on headphones? or is it possible to listen to it aloud? I can understand why listening on headphones would be uncomfortable.
Original post by CescaD96
Do ask for something if the breathing techniques don't work. I got zopiclone because my A2 exams start on Wednesday! :eek:

Aye, at least they now know so they won't take it out on you next year.

I haven't explained to my doctors about my issues... My GCSE exams start tomorrow... :eek:

School have been accommodating and have been amazing towards my situation, all my teachers have been emailed so i can just get up and leave if i feel like i need to... And then i can then go up to the library if i feel like i can't return to a lesson after five minutes of time away from the lesson...
Original post by moment of truth
Ahh, fair enough. Do you have to listen on headphones? or is it possible to listen to it aloud? I can understand why listening on headphones would be uncomfortable.

I can't listen to it allowed because it would annoy my parents and they would get annoyed with me for playing loud music... If i have to play music i have to listen to it with headphones because i can then block out everything better...
Original post by Midnightmemories
I can't listen to it allowed because it would annoy my parents and they would get annoyed with me for playing loud music... If i have to play music i have to listen to it with headphones because i can then block out everything better...

Ahh okay. I listen to it aloud, but just a bit quieter during the night.

Have you tried anything else to help? It sucks when you are not able to sleep properly.
Original post by CescaD96
X

I'd say tell your CMHT regarding the food thing, because you don't want this to get worse than it already is. I've screwed my life up because of having an ED (had mine for 10+ years), and you really don't want that if you can help it. :hugs: If you need to talk, let me know. :smile:
Big hugs for everyone suffering and extra hugs for those with exams starting/coming up :grouphugs:
abuse

Spoiler

Totally going to fail my exams. Not taking in any information.

ED ****

Spoiler

Original post by ScaryScience
abuse

Spoiler

Spoiler

Going to fail, going to fail. I'm a mess. :s

My head's spinning.
Freaking out massively about exam tomorrow. On brink of anxiety attack but worried if I take my anxiety meds I can't take my sleeping pills tonight, and I need to sleep :sss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

thanks. don't even know what todo any more. just want to run away :bawling:
I can't get my mind to stay focused on revision my thoughts are racing I think I've had too much coffee which ironically I hoped would help me focus :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Checking in here for the first time. I had my first counselling session today. :biggrin:
Original post by InnerTemple
Checking in here for the first time. I had my first counselling session today. :biggrin:

Hello! Welcome to MHSS! I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

How did it go? :biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hello! Welcome to MHSS! I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

How did it go? :biggrin:

Hey!

I'm not too sure really - it left me with a lot to think about. Part of me now sees the things I need to tackle head on... another part of me just wants to bury my head in the sand and carry on as I was.

So yup... :redface:
Original post by InnerTemple
Hey! I'm not too sure really - it left me with a lot to think about. Part of me now sees the things I need to tackle head on... another part of me just wants to bury my head in the sand and carry on as I was. So yup... :redface:

Awww! :console: Don't bury your head in the sand - it's hard to get better but it's worth pursuing counselling and doing any homework you may have been set/thinking about what was said :yep:
Felt ill today and got absolutely nothing productive done. Now I'm behind, can't sleep despite being exhausted and am worried about catching up with everything tomorrow.

Latest