The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

*sits in quiet area* I've got to go into uni today to do some reading and find a book and ahh scared, lots of people
what a ****ing hideous night feel like ****. sobbed at Samaritans for nearly an hour in the end.
Original post by ScaryScience
what a ****ing hideous night feel like ****. sobbed at Samaritans for nearly an hour in the end.

Well done for reaching out!

:grouphugs:
Original post by hellokittymad
Well done for reaching out!

:grouphugs:
Thanks, lovely. Hope your trip into uni goes okay :hugs:
cant do this cant do it
Original post by superwolf
You too? :eek: TSR is broken, abandon ship! :woo: :woo: :woo:

The apps broken aswell :sadpanda: its telling me my only paticipated threads is this one, but i know i have more.

The end of the world is nigh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know if this is the right kind of thread...But I have been suffering from anxiety for a couple of years, though I am fortunate it is not at a serious stage. It's mostly caused me to develop trichotillomania and to pick my lips (they get very dry when it's cold and somehow getting rid of dry skin makes me release stress - needless to say my lips ended up looking awful and bleed all the time -.-).

I am not really sure why I am writing this post hahah Maybe I just wanted to write down all of this and tell myself: I CAN overcome these issues! And I even have the proof - I've finally managed to stop picking my lips, I've kept then moisturised constantly and the results are amazing! I haven't seen such nice, healthy lips on me for months :smile: Next challenge: stop picking my hair, eyelashes and eyebrows. I would love to look nice again without having to put extra make up or having to draw eyebrows to hide hairless patches...I can do it! :smile:

P.S. And of course, good luck to anyone who is going through rough times...I am fully aware that my problems are really small compared to what some people are going through. There isn't much I can do or say, but at least I can send you all a virtual :hugs: - slowly but surely, with love and support from people around you, your problems can be overcome :smile: You just need to let those people in to lend a helping hand :h:
That's it, guys, I'm going home from school, I'm done with this, I'm so sick of everything, I'm going to fail my exams, not get into university, and fail life perfectly.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know if this is the right kind of thread...But I have been suffering from anxiety for a couple of years, though I am fortunate it is not at a serious stage. It's mostly caused me to develop trichotillomania and to pick my lips (they get very dry when it's cold and somehow getting rid of dry skin makes me release stress - needless to say my lips ended up looking awful and bleed all the time -.-).

I am not really sure why I am writing this post hahah Maybe I just wanted to write down all of this and tell myself: I CAN overcome these issues! And I even have the proof - I've finally managed to stop picking my lips, I've kept then moisturised constantly and the results are amazing! I haven't seen such nice, healthy lips on me for months :smile: Next challenge: stop picking my hair, eyelashes and eyebrows. I would love to look nice again without having to put extra make up or having to draw eyebrows to hide hairless patches...I can do it! :smile:

P.S. And of course, good luck to anyone who is going through rough times...I am fully aware that my problems are really small compared to what some people are going through. There isn't much I can do or say, but at least I can send you all a virtual :hugs: - slowly but surely, with love and support from people around you, your problems can be overcome :smile: You just need to let those people in to lend a helping hand :h:

Definitely the right thread...and I can associate a little bit, I suffer from social anxiety. Used to bite my nails so badly, and still the inside of my mouth - that's all badly scarred now.
Well done though for improving and I only hope it gets better for you. :smile: :jumphug: If you ever need a chat, my inbox is open.
my trip to uni was horrible ):

I'm sorry it went bad for you. :penguinhug:
Original post by ScaryScience
Possibly yeah. not really sure why but am finding it difficult to make myself do certain things recently even if they will help. I don't know, head is just too confused. not sure if I even want to talk about anything in particular but could do with comfort and company :frown: how are you doing?
don't be silly hun, nothing to apologise for at all, you cant be expected to keep a eye on things all of the time :no: are you ok? :hugs:

:hugs: please try and stay safe

I'm okay, stressed to the max about my exam tomorrow :s-smilie: I got loads of studying done yesterday but today nothing will go in :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CescaD96
I'm sorry it went bad for you. :penguinhug:

thanks for the hugs

Hey, def the right thread! Welcome to MHSS, though sorry to hear of what brings you here. You sound like a strong person :yep: Make yourself at home :h:

I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd, btw :musicus:

Original post by CescaD96
That's it, guys, I'm going home from school, I'm done with this, I'm so sick of everything, I'm going to fail my exams, not get into university, and fail life perfectly.

:jumphug:

:console:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

:jumphug:

I'm just complaining again. :frown: Just so tired of everything.

Welcome to the society. :smile:

I have a bit of a trichotillomania thing going on myself, can't say I've ever managed to conquer it yet though... :colondollar: It's lovely to hear that you're beginning to get a handle on some of your problems, you should definitely be proud!

:grouphugs: for all!
x

hey just to let you know the uni wifi won't let me on Skype (it works if you can get on the cloud wifi, not the Eduroam one, but cloud keeps kicking me off today) just incase you try messaging me and think I'm ignoring you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
hey just to let you know the uni wifi won't let me on Skype (it works if you can get on the cloud wifi, not the Eduroam one, but cloud keeps kicking me off today) just incase you try messaging me and think I'm ignoring you :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok. :yy:

Was just asking Valve about you - how's the studying? :hugs:
Ah ok. :yy:

Was just asking Valve about you - how's the studying? :hugs:

ooh I'm the talk of the town :wink: it's going okay, not as sharkle-y as yesterday but a good revision nonetheless :yep: Looking over Lipid digestion now, and I finally managed to figure out the thing that was confusing me about beta-oxidation of fatty acids (those fatty acids just aren't alpha enough for me) :tongue:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
have to leave at five past 7 on Wednesday morning >.< silly placement means that I have to be up at 5am, how on earth am i going to do that!?