The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jelly1000
nah I haven't, unfortunatley I doubt in my current state I will be able to concentrate for even 20 mins on uni work

Try five on and five off? Once you get into the swing of it it can really help. It pretty much got my through my undergrad dissertation. Or just chunking tasks so you can see your achievements as you go along.

Hope your brain plays fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Try five on and five off? Once you get into the swing of it it can really help. It pretty much got my through my undergrad dissertation. Or just chunking tasks so you can see your achievements as you go along.

Hope your brain plays fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will try, thanks.
Original post by Sabertooth
I actually thought I'd grown out of hayfever as I haven't had it in so long - been on the mirtazapine over 5 years! I know this isn't really the place to ask but have you found anything that works well for it? I'm trying OTC stuff and can't really be arsed to go to a doctor.

That does not sound good :console: I was sleeping 16 + hours so 11 is a bit of a cutdown I just feel like it's not good enough, but thanks for the advice I'll try to do things slower. :smile:

Super glad to hear your sleep is almost back to normal, that's hopefully the plan for me. :five:

I get hayfever and skin allergies (I know, I'm allergic to most of boots yet I don't know what it is...)
And I take Certizine which works. You can get it OTC and prescribed as well. (Prescribed it for my allergies but it helps with my hayfever - my doctors are really stingy with medication(only prescribe it for at the most 7 days, and even when I asked for more because I was going away I was met with a: why do you need it that long for, you'll have no issues then. What a load of crap lol) so I buy it OTC and it's basically the same.
Always feel worse at certain times of the day :frown:
Original post by Midnightmemories
I get hayfever and skin allergies (I know, I'm allergic to most of boots yet I don't know what it is...)
And I take Certizine which works. You can get it OTC and prescribed as well. (Prescribed it for my allergies but it helps with my hayfever - my doctors are really stingy with medication(only prescribe it for at the most 7 days, and even when I asked for more because I was going away I was met with a: why do you need it that long for, you'll have no issues then. What a load of crap lol) so I buy it OTC and it's basically the same.

Oh boy, don't get me started on skin allergies! I also have no idea what I'm actually allergic to but get rashes from some soaps, shampoos, laundry detergent, and moisturizing creams. I was even allergic to a leather chair I had. Thank god I don't wear makeup or I bet I'd be allergic to that too. :tongue:

Have you tried asking for one of those allergy tests? I keep meaning to but yeah I'm lazy.

Original post by furryface12
Edit: Also Saber, citirizene (probably spelt that wrong!) works far better for me than most antihistamines, mostly for other allergies but for hayfever as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot for the advice both of you. Just checked and certizine is available here so I'll definitely give it a try. :smile: There's only so many showers you can have in a day :tongue: If it doesn't work I'll probably have to start the mirtazapine again :/
Oh boy, don't get me started on skin allergies! I also have no idea what I'm actually allergic to but get rashes from some soaps, shampoos, laundry detergent, and moisturizing creams. I was even allergic to a leather chair I had. Thank god I don't wear makeup or I bet I'd be allergic to that too. :tongue:

Have you tried asking for one of those allergy tests? I keep meaning to but yeah I'm lazy.

Same here, went to the doctors with it once and they where just like: "its this, take this and you'll be fine" (reasons why i hate that doctor, she was just trying to get me out the door and didn't care... Never saw her again after that... Luckily the other female doctor at my practice is super nice...) I want to get tested but my mum thinks its pointless and stupid... I also wear make up and i have to get hypoallergenic makeup which is expensive... ;O

Hope it works for you! :biggrin:
Same here, went to the doctors with it once and they where just like: "its this, take this and you'll be fine" (reasons why i hate that doctor, she was just trying to get me out the door and didn't care... Never saw her again after that... Luckily the other female doctor at my practice is super nice...) I want to get tested but my mum thinks its pointless and stupid... I also wear make up and i have to get hypoallergenic makeup which is expensive... ;O

Hope it works for you! :biggrin:

Ergh that sucks, she sounds crap - some doctors really just don't give a ****. Why does your mum think it would it be pointless to find out what you're allergic to? :confused:

Thanks, I hope so too :smile:
Ergh that sucks, she sounds crap - some doctors really just don't give a ****. Why does your mum think it would it be pointless to find out what you're allergic to? :confused:

Thanks, I hope so too :smile:

My main doctor isn't ever in the practice, he's always on holiday lol... Hence why i usually see the female doctors. The one that diagnosed me with RSI basically told me to take ibuprofen 3 times a day (she prescribed it) and to buy a wrist splint... Helpful. Not. (still keeps coming and going and its been awhile since i was told i had it.. :/) Mum also thinks me going on the pill is stupid etc, she refuses to discuss it with me even though I'm old enough to make my own medical decisions.. :/ She also think it'll stop me from going to college... -.-
I have no energy left to pack for tomorrow. I'm sitting surrounded by bits but getting them into my bag in the right order feels impossible.
Original post by bullettheory
Same offer as I said to cesca, if you wanna talk bout it, I've been diagnosed with it so I have some idea about it. And I wouldn't see it stopping you being a pharmacist, I'm studying to be a social worker and occ health have said it's OK to me Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, I'll send you a PM if that's okay? :hugs:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Share your concerns with your doctor or somebody you trust. Don't sit in panic over it, bpd criteria does mirror a standard personality taken to the extreme but if you're concerned then talk to somebody.

Also *glomps*

il mention it to my doctor when i next see him :yep: I feel like I have the symptoms of low self worth, thinking I'm a terrible person, switching between extremes of emotions, being terrified that I'm going to do something that makes people hate me and then they'll leave and I won't have anyone etc :/

*is glomped*
My main doctor isn't ever in the practice, he's always on holiday lol... Hence why i usually see the female doctors. The one that diagnosed me with RSI basically told me to take ibuprofen 3 times a day (she prescribed it) and to buy a wrist splint... Helpful. Not. (still keeps coming and going and its been awhile since i was told i had it.. :/) Mum also thinks me going on the pill is stupid etc, she refuses to discuss it with me even though I'm old enough to make my own medical decisions.. :/ She also think it'll stop me from going to college... -.-

She sounds helpful :tongue: Could you try asking when your doctor will be in and see him for the RSI?

Your mum sounds erm....interesting. That's really weird she has those views. I hope this doesn;t sound racist but are you south Asian? If you're in college I take it you're like 17/18? So almost old enough to go to uni and make your own medical decisions there - something to look forward to at least!

Thanks a lot for the advice both of you. Just checked and certizine is available here so I'll definitely give it a try. :smile: There's only so many showers you can have in a day :tongue: If it doesn't work I'll probably have to start the mirtazapine again :/

Yeah, definitely! I'm the same on the skin things as well, drive me mad but I've never worked out what it is I'm allergic to and seems to vary day to day as well. I'm too lazy for makeup though so that bit's not a problem, it looks ridiculous on me and I don't have the coordination to put it on anyway :colondollar:

Original post by Little Popcorns
Always feel worse at certain times of the day :frown:

:hugs: Hope it passes soon for you :frown:
She sounds helpful :tongue: Could you try asking when your doctor will be in and see him for the RSI?

Your mum sounds erm....interesting. That's really weird she has those views. I hope this doesn;t sound racist but are you south Asian? If you're in college I take it you're like 17/18? So almost old enough to go to uni and make your own medical decisions there - something to look forward to at least!

He seems to be in more lately, but it seems whenever i want to see him he's always out.. :P

Spoiler

Original post by Odd socks
thanks, I'll send you a PM if that's okay? :hugs:

il mention it to my doctor when i next see him :yep: I feel like I have the symptoms of low self worth, thinking I'm a terrible person, switching between extremes of emotions, being terrified that I'm going to do something that makes people hate me and then they'll leave and I won't have anyone etc :/

*is glomped*

Yeah sure, go for it. :smile: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Back to really vivid dreams :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't suppose there are any girls here with an ED I can ask a ridiculously personal question to? :tongue:
Original post by Anon #2
Don't suppose there are any girls here with an ED I can ask a ridiculously personal question to? :tongue:

Im not diagnosed ED but i do have pretty disordered eating so you can ask away :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12

:hugs: Hope it passes soon for you :frown:
Thanks okay now, hope your evenings going okay :smile:
Original post by Anon #2

Depends how personal :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks

*is glomped*

I think it's worth bearing in mind how many of the symptoms overlap with social anxiety and depression. Low self esteem is a diagnosis criteria for depression and worrying about losing friends or people hating you because of something you do is what's earnt me my social phobia diagnosis. :hugs:

Latest