The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

feel so ****.
Original post by furryface12

:hugs: Talk to me if you want? Not sure how much sense I'll make but will try and not make things worse :redface:

It's ok, going to have an early night and pray for sleep

Thanks for being awesome :hugs:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: I hope the feeling goes away soon, and that there weren't too many people affected by the death.

apparently there have been two, and they were both in the way i wished they weren't :frown: so shaken up and my mind is racing with all kinds of thoughts.

Original post by Anonymous #2
Knee, eh? :sexface:

haha shush you! fell up some stairs last night when i was drunk and it's so swollen and painful now!

:jumphug: Hope you're ok too :s-smilie:

thanks, not overly, but ill live.
Original post by lauraaaaa

haha shush you! fell up some stairs last night when i was drunk and it's so swollen and painful now!

That's what they all say :teehee:
Original post by Anonymous #2
It's ok, going to have an early night and pray for sleep

Thanks for being awesome :hugs:

Hope you sleep :hugs:
Same to you :redface: (except it's true for you :tongue:)

Original post by lauraaaaa
apparently there have been two, and they were both in the way i wished they weren't :frown: so shaken up and my mind is racing with all kinds of thoughts.

thanks, not overly, but ill live.

Going to attempt to sleep as soon as I can breathe well enough, but can talk for a little bit if you want to? I shouldn't be triggered so up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SO tired all the time. Went to the doctor's today for an update and she said sleep is usually the last thing to sort itself out, I'm fed up of being tired all the time and only sleeping a few hours a night. Tried taking some over the counter sleeping aids but they just make me ridiculously drowsy the next day
urghhhhhhh :bawling:
Hope you sleep :hugs:
Same to you :redface: (except it's true for you :tongue:)

Going to attempt to sleep as soon as I can breathe well enough, but can talk for a little bit if you want to? I shouldn't be triggered so up to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's okay. Sleep well x
Thanks for all the good vibes - no sign of E :colondollar:

Hugs to all those struggling

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noodlzzz
so sorry to hear that, I hope he gets better soon and I hope you're ok :hugs:

Original post by Meaty_man
If its an ex, who cares what he thinks about you! You broke up with them after all :tongue:

Oh sockle you don't get a break :frown: :console: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Pathway
:console:

Thanks guys :hugs: I stupidly thought that things were going okay with him but now his surgery might have to be postponed too :sadnod:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Posted from TSR Mobile

glad to hear that :hugs:
May I join the bandwagon?
7am is gonna hurt so so bad in the morning :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fingers crossed for your uncle, Sockie :frown:

Original post by ScaryScience
glad to hear that :hugs:

Thanks sweetie. Sorry you're still having such a rough time of it :frown:

Original post by ringspun
May I join the bandwagon?

Of course - the more the merrier :colone:

I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

(Hi to the other newbie too, btw :colondollar: )
Fingers crossed for your uncle, Sockie :frown:

Thanks sweetie. Sorry you're still having such a rough time of it :frown:

Of course - the more the merrier :colone:

I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

(Hi to the other newbie too, btw :colondollar: )

thanks :hugs: wolfie gave me the idea to make a little felt mouse for him as a gift so that'll be my project tomorrow :redface:

---

this sounds really silly but my parents are visiting next weekend so I had to get the piercing place to bend my septum jewellery so it's wide enough for me to flip it and hide it

but now I'm really worried that it doesn't look as nice as it used to when it was almost a closed circle :frown: it's silly and I know it but I hate ruining things

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any encouragement appreciated. I get chest pains every so often, not every day but at least once a week

Admittidley I probably do need to lose a bit of weight, but so scared of mentioning it to doctor in case something is seriously wrong :frown:

Getting myself all worked up and worrying obviously doesn't help matters
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Any encouragement appreciated. I get chest pains every so often, not every day but at least once a week

Admittidley I probably do need to lose a bit of weight, but so scared of mentioning it to doctor in case something is seriously wrong :frown:

Getting myself all worked up and worrying obviously doesn't help matters

One would hope it's nothing too serious but even if it is, surely it's better to get it dealt with sooner rather than later, in case things get worst or past the point of being easily treatable? :dontknow:
One would hope it's nothing too serious but even if it is, surely it's better to get it dealt with sooner rather than later, in case things get worst or past the point of being easily treatable? :dontknow:

Think the hardest part is I'd be scared of having to undergo any major medical procedure
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Think the hardest part is I'd be scared of having to undergo any major medical procedure

Major surgery/medical procedures are daunting, for sure. But if it improves your quality of life, I'd personally say that's worth pushing beyond your fears for! :h:
Original post by Todot
That doesn't seem particularly helpful of him :frown: I'll come and give him a piece of my mind :angry: (very quietly from Leamington :tongue:) I wish I could help more but I guess the only things that I can say are don't panic - you still have time - and I guess just trying your best to focus on prioritising it as much as possible. Do people at university (specifically your tutor) know whats going on mental healthwise so they can maybe give a bit of leeway?

Yeah losing things is annoying at the best of times but my bus pass was already such a waste of money that I really would like to use it the few times I'm down visiting :grumble: I can get a replacement student card when I'm there though so its not all catastrophic. Hopefully it will turn up so I dont have to though... Thanks that's a really sweet offer :smile: although its fine now anyway, I needed a photo of it and I remembered that my friend had one from when we were sorting council tax.

It sounds like you've got things pretty tough at the minute with working times etc. :hugs: Maybe try (if you can) more shorter chunks of working with breaks in between? :dontknow: Hope DofE stuff gets sorted too and you enjoy the peak district

Sorry for taking so long to reply to this :s-smilie: Tried to yesterday (admittedly still late :colondollar:) but was stupid and accidentally deleted :facepalm:
No :/ :s-smilie: hehe, thanks :tongue: :colondollar: Trying to focus but time just seems to disappear :frown: Tutor knows about it, as does Linton (if you've spoken to her before?) - though I mean tutor when I told him last year/when I mentioned it the start of this year (I think I did anyway?) that he can't really do anything/just to keep people updated with any treatment I'm getting or something? I guess for when/if I fail something/for evidence :dontknow: Tempted to ask for an extension but then really have no clue :frown:
All I have atm is "Something about rubik's cubes?" and nothing else :s-smilie: :frown: So stupid. Sorry for rambles...

Yeah :/ at least I suppose you shouldn't need it *too* much, at the same time? Though must be annoying, yeah :frown: Can you report it lost? I know you can for National Express/I think they just reprint you one for a small fee (like £10-20? :dontknow: maybe? Not sure about stagecoach/leam, though) That's good that you can get a replacement student card :smile: that's okay! :eek: Glad it's fine/you got what you needed :smile: is it a requirement of your let to be a student? I know that ours will be next year.

thanks :hugs: Yeah, I probably should try :s-smilie: just cinema being really busy atm, and even without that time just seems to disappear I swear and just don't know :/ Got a terrible sleep schedule now too, which isn't good either. Sorry, such a moan! Thanks - they've vaguely sorted now I think, and I hope so too!

How're you doing? :smile:

Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, I assumed since it was 30minutes ago that I was probably too late but at least you know for next time. :smile:

I'm not so good - got a throat infection 2 weeks ago and the bloody thing has come back so I'm not a happy bunny right now. :hmpf:

Hope you get some sleep seeing as you're tired. :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
*sigh*

One thing after another keeps going wrong :cry2: I got a phonecall last night saying that they did the more accurate test on my throat culture and I do have strep again. So that's another two weeks of agonizing pain, struggling to swallow huge antibiotic pills, constant headaches and on and off fever. The hockey team captain emailed me asking why I haven't been at practice so I feel **** for letting the team down and now won't be able to play for god knows how much longer given the strep is back. I also went to the dentist today and my tooth is fractured - I need a crown and if that doesn't work a root canal. ****ing great. My desktop is still broken and despite googling I can't work out how to fix it. My mood is pretty ****ty but I'm on the highest dose of antidepressant so that can't be increased. The icing on the cake is these crazy obsessive violent thoughts I keep having and just cannot get out of my head which I'm not sure is a result of being off the haldol.

/rant

Yeah :redface: thanks :smile:

Very sorry to hear about throat infection :frown: that's really rubbish :/ Is that the strep, sorry? Either way try not to worry about hockey stuff? Can't help it that you're ill, and not your fault at all - so don't go blaming yourself? :redface:
I'm sorry you're feeling so rubbish at the moment :frown: Hope things improve soon for you, sounds like you've got a lot on :frown:
:hugs:

and thanks :colondollar: watched some lord of the rings in bed with some pancakes :colondollar: then got sleep!

Also here if you want me! There is no such thing as a stupid duck though, I get told of for talking about stupid furry people :eek: :tongue: :hugs:

----
On an entirely different note, any more questions about mental health disclosure for http://http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3093015? It's today! :eek3:

Thanks :jumphug: hehe :colondollar: :s-smilie: just feel so dumb and stupid but don't have a clue what to do :/ Sorry, I keep meaning to reply to you on skype, too :s-smilie: :frown: will go do that now.
Hope you're okay :hugs:

Original post by Noodlzzz
URGH Just can't focus and I have exams. So scared of not getting a 2.1. f it.

:hugs: I'm only 2nd year, but completely get that :s-smilie: w/ not focusing and scared about missing 2.1/stuff. Sorry you're struggling :frown: Agree with what superwolf says - important you don't ignore your own health/make sure to look after yourself! :redface:

Original post by ScaryScience
head is completely pounding. went to therapy and cried a lot. sort of relief but still hurting. so thankful that shes patient with me. find it hard to express myself in any other way than saying I'm suffocating or hurting. also applied for a week extension on my work, hoping I get it cause I wont be handing in on time. everything feels very very **** indeed. might go into town... wish it was a bit closer. bleh.

:jumphug: Glad that therapy was okay by the sounds of things. Extension is good - hope you get it too :hugs:
Hope you're okay tonight, sorry you're still bleh :frown: :hugs:

Glad it went alright :hugs:

--------------------------------------

Feel just too overwhelmed still :frown: don't even know what I'm doing :/ Got an assignment in for tomorrow and I didn't even remember it/had forgotten sort of, I'd meant to do it over this week/last 4 days, but just haven't had the time apparently/just bleh. Probably couldn't do it even if I tried, not understanding anything really in lectures atm. And keep missing them, too :frown:
3 weeks of lectures left and then I've got to somehow know enough to sit these exams.
Hopefully after this weekend cinema will take up less time, though :s-smilie:
Getting to make-up and project Toy Story on friday, though - so excited :colondollar: though also exhausted :frown: bad 4am sleep schedule is bad :/

Latest