Turn on thread page Beta

14-year-old has abortion without mother's consent watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    The only legitamate reason I can see for the girl not having an abortion, would be if the baby was put up for adoption afterwards. She's not even an adult, there's no way she would have brought up the baby properly. The baby would affect her exams, her social life and her career.

In return the baby certainly isn't going to have the best upbringing in the world...

The only legimate reason?

What a sweeping statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)

Nooooooo! Stop it. No more "sweeping" statements, observations, generalizations. I beg you all!

ReputationRep:

So you're going to make the girl KEEP the baby after having it? And ruin her life, and her career prospects, and probably the baby's too. Great.

I mean she was going to have an abortion, so it didn't seem like she wanted it anyway. The baby's not going to be happy growing up in that environment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Nooooooo! Stop it. No more "sweeping" statements, observations, generalizations. I beg you all!
    i'm too tired to think, just have P5 mock...go away.

ReputationRep:
    So you're going to make the girl KEEP the baby after having it? And ruin her life, and her career prospects, and probably the baby's too. Great.
    I'm not going to make the girl do anything, but I'm not going to tell her that having an abortion (i.e. killing her child) will improve the quality of her life, especially given the guilt (and probable depression) she will face.

FYI.. when you kill the child, the child has NO future.

ReputationRep:
    i'm too tired to think, just have P5 mock...go away.
    Cool, how did it go?

Lots of Reduction formulae, I hope.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to make the girl do anything, but I'm not going to tell her that having an abortion (i.e. killing her child) will improve the quality of her life, especially given the guilt (and probable depression) she will face.

I know, hence why adoption is the best strategy. I wouldn't let the girl keep it.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, how did it go?

Lots of Reduction formulae, I hope.
    Just one very easy one, intrinsic co-ordinates featured once. Quite a bit of hyperbolic function prove this is equal to that and integration. Not a bad paper, only i usually mess up all the easy questions and got full marks for the hard ones...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't let the girl keep it.
    I thought you were condoning free-choice for the girl? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were condoning free-choice for the girl? :confused:
    Ah nah, i was just saying that the best option would be for her to give the baby away for adoption, and then afterwards maybe have an abortion if it was detrimental to her health etc.

I really don't think a kid with a single mum who's barely an adult would be brought up well.

ReputationRep:
    Ah nah, i was just saying that the best option would be for her to give the baby away for adoption, and then afterwards maybe have an abortion if it was detrimental to her health etc.

I really don't think a kid with a single mum who's barely an adult would be brought up well.
    1) How can she give the baby away after having an abortion?

2) It is of my opinion that its not our decision to make.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it incongruous that a school health worker cannot apply sun-cream to young children before they go out in the sun, yet can supply an abortifacient to a young girl?

If a doctor proceeds with a procedure without the signed consent of a parent, or of the young person (provided they are over 16) he/she can be sued for assault.

I believe that if a child is too young to cope with the probable outcome of experimenting with sex they are too young to be doing the experimenting.

We are, because of collusion with and sexualisation of, the young, in the midst of a problem of enormous magnitude. Unwanted pregnancies, immoral behaviour and all types of depressive illnesses because of our headlong rush into so-called maturity :confused:

Coincidentally, there is a group of teens over from the US who are promoting abstinence until marriage - it's called the 'Silver ring thing'. I can't wait to see what it is all about.

ReputationRep:

1) In a bottle of formaldehyde(sp?)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    1) In a bottle of formaldehyde(sp?)?
    Cruel.

ReputationRep:

Oh, come on!

Sorry, I know I said I didn't want to argue but I just have to stick my oar in this once...

Having an abortion, especially one early enough to be undertaken with a series of pills rather than a surgical procedure, is not the same as "killing her child" in the way you mean.

Like it or not, women have abortions all the time and they are not guilt-ridden for the rest of their lives. If this girl thought she might be, at least she had the choice, and she decided she would rather live with guilt than with a baby. Ultimately, it should be up to her, not her mother.

You're right that the child has no future, but it has no past either. In my view, it's far more acceptable to kill a small bunch of cells than it is to force a 14-year-old child to give birth.

ReputationRep:
    Cruel.
    Maybe. I don't often consider it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)

Coincidentally, there is a group of teens over from the US who are promoting abstinence until marriage - it's called the 'Silver ring thing'. I can't wait to see what it is all about.
    I think it's called "True Love Waits" and they all wear rings with that inscription.

ReputationRep:

Sorry, i meant the best scenario would be for her to give the kid away.

If for some reason she couldn't then, an abortion would be the next option.

I'll have to say that even now, at 17, i'd have an abortion if i fell pregnant. I would never keep the child, and my parents would probably disown me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I think it's called "True Love Waits" and they all wear rings with that inscription.
    Sounds a bit boring to me. Since when did love and sex have anything to do with one another?

I've had tons of shags. Most with people I couldn't give a toss about.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, i meant the best scenario would be for her to give the kid away.
    Preferably to a homosexual couple as the current adoption process clearly discriminates against them.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.