Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am looking at these three unis mostly, and I am not sure which course to pick.

I would love to do ppe, though St. Andrews is a brill university from what I have heard and I don't want to leave it out.

Is St Andrews really much better than the other two academically. Do St Andrews students get bored in such a small uni for 4 years? (Is it worth it) What is the student experience like there compared to Warwick and York?

Btw I'm not particularly in the market for a heavy clubbing uni, probably more of a pub, campus uni.

Please help, and share your own experiences! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is bit over rated. Its a 60s campus full of grey concrete, not especially attractive and is on a wind blown and isolated site several miles out of Coventry (ie. not Warwick). Its 'fashionable' in the same way that Sussex was fashionable for Soc Sci in the 80s and South Bank was in the 70s. Cant see why everyone raves about it frankly.

Lots of general advice about Firm and Insurance choices here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...urance_choices
    PS. Remember - you dont have to make this decision for months.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.