Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me make a decision quickly! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I work in a bar 8 miles away from my flat and I usually get a lift, however tonight the person I usually get a lift from isn't working. There's no trains or buses so I either have to get a taxi for about £20 or cycle home.. I've cycled home before and it takes me about an hour, I don't mind the actual cycling but it's freezing right now and I'm not looking forward to it...

ReputationRep:
    If it's only a one off thing then I would get a taxi. Better to be safe and warm than cycling in the cold for an hour. If that isn't preferable though you could maybe ask some other people you know in your local area who could give you a lift? But if there isn't anyone else then I'd just get a taxi.

ReputationRep:
    I would wrap up reallllly warm and cycle

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll just bike it because I don't have a lift next Saturday/Sunday either

ReputationRep:
    Depending on how long you have, go and buy some motorcycle gloves (they work for my moped), a head scarf (wear it ISIS style over your nose and mouth), put a wooly hat and jumper on and wear two pairs of socks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.