Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hate living in London I have lived here for 6 years I hate it so much it is costly it never snows here. I wish I could move so much I like the city but it is always so much rush and I hate it that it is so polluted. I know there are some good schools and stuff lots of oppourtunities but to be honest everything is so competitive and it is hard to get work and the costs of keeping yourself live is so costly that there is little money left over to enjoy life. Is anyone else fed up of London? I would move but I can't I have school I know I should be thankful but sometimes the day is so fustrating that i see little to be thankful for. I mean if it is cold all the time why can't it be cold enough to snow I miss my home country where it snowed I wish the summer was not so warm in England so there will be no thunderstorms. As there are some thunderstorms in summer.

ReputationRep:
    i love london i dont think i would move anywhere else in the uk but maybe another country i know its polluted bt theres A LOT of business and its a busy area 8 million live here not to mention those who come just for work
    if you dont like it maybe consider moving i know busy cities arent for everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ha27)
    i love london i dont think i would move anywhere else in the uk but maybe another country i know its polluted bt theres A LOT of business and its a busy area 8 million live here not to mention those who come just for work
    if you dont like it maybe consider moving i know busy cities arent for everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I aways wished of going to Switzerland or to Scandinavia to live. I think the weather is one thing that is a factor in my desire to go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria1812)
    I aways wished of going to Switzerland or to Scandinavia to live. I think the weather is one thing that is a factor in my desire to go there.
    Being a Swede, I have a hard time understanding that reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    I hate living in London I have lived here for 6 years I hate it so much it is costly it never snows here. I wish I could move so much I like the city but it is always so much rush and I hate it that it is so polluted. I know there are some good schools and stuff lots of oppourtunities but to be honest everything is so competitive and it is hard to get work and the costs of keeping yourself live is so costly that there is little money left over to enjoy life. Is anyone else fed up of London? I would move but I can't I have school I know I should be thankful but sometimes the day is so fustrating that i see little to be thankful for. I mean if it is cold all the time why can't it be cold enough to snow I miss my home country where it snowed I wish the summer was not so warm in England so there will be no thunderstorms. As there are some thunderstorms in summer.
    Likewise. Take a guess?

ReputationRep:
    May i ask what is your home country? It is never good to complain and be dissatisfied as there are many people in other parts of the world who wish to live in London but sadly that is only in their dreams and may never happen. I personally do not feel dissatisfied in London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcdermott)
    I really like the winter season and the cold.The problem is that in London it is not cold enough to snow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by German123)
    May i ask what is your home country? It is never good to complain and be dissatisfied as there are many people in other parts of the world who wish to live in London but sadly that is only in their dreams and may never happen. I personally do not feel dissatisfied in London.
    Eastern Europe I had no choice if I wanted to live here my country is not corrupt or anything so It does not make much difference if i live there or here however the education is better here.

ReputationRep:
    I always wished of going to Switzerland or to Scandinavia to live.
    And you complain that London is "costly"?

ReputationRep:
    I've only visited London for a couple of days, which was a few years ago now. I was kind of disorientated when I arrived, since I travelled on the Mega Bus through the night and didn't manage to sleep at all, so my first impressions weren't great. It's so much more busy and hectic compared to where I live; crossing roads was a bit more frightening.

I wouldn't dislike it for the lack of snow. I live at the top of England and we've only had one day of snow, and even then it melted in a few hours :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcdermott)
    You have proper summers and proper winters, it's just a continual bland drizzle here och Jag älsker Svensk och Ingmar Bergman filmen

ReputationRep:
    Eastern Europe I had no choice if I wanted to live here my country is not corrupt or anything so It does not make much difference if i live there or here however the education is better here.
    Eastern Europe? Poland? Anyway i am sure there are other people who whishto be in your country so just be grateful for once-this is not too much to ask-jehzz.

ReputationRep:
    Eastern Europe? Poland? Anyway i am sure there are other people who whishto be in your country so just be grateful for once-this is not too much to ask-jehzz.
    People dream of London because it looks much better on postcards and it seems that it is the land to earn lots of money and oppourtunities well it certainly not most jobs are low paid and the oppourtunities are not always the best. The schooling is the only better thing but it is competitive as many foreigners study in London which makes it really hard to get into a good uni.

ReputationRep:
    People dream of London because it looks much better on postcards and it seems that it is the land to earn lots of money and oppourtunities well it certainly not most jobs are low paid and the oppourtunities are not always the best. The schooling is the only better thing but it is competitive as many foreigners study in London which makes it really hard to get into a good uni.
    I get your point but you need to be grateful. A living soul is better than a dead one.

ReputationRep:
    I get your point but you need to be grateful. A living soul is better than a dead one.
    I know I should we have free medicine and health care but there is more to life then this as I would be ahppy to be able to afford my own health care and be paid enough to enjoy life more and be able to go on holidays London life is survival of the fittest there is only survival there is no enjoyment.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.