Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am an international student who failed the final year, and I was given a Diploma of Higher Education.
    And more importantly, I can not top up my degree in UK because the new regulation by Home office

    Can somebody please tell me if this is even recognized by other university at Countries like USA, Canada or New Zealand? I felt so bad that I messed up with my last year as I really want to top up my Diploma to honor degree.

    Please give my some advises, thanks
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Could you not top-up your DipHE with the Open University or the University of London International Programme? If you stayed in your home country and did a distance learning degree then presumably this home office rule you speak of wouldn't apply to you. I can't think why a DipHE wouldn't be recognised in those countries, it is a legitimate qualification in its own right and it isn't just for people who fail the final year of university.

    The OU would accept your 240 points and you'll need to sit 2 30 credit level 3 modules for a BA or BSc Open (Hons) degree. Check the OU credit transfer site. Best of luck.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.