The Student Room Group

Went on holiday and seem to have upset the guy I'm dating.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HotCoco.
You actively ignore him, he ignores you. Seems fair to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 'Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk' just completes the comment so well haha
Original post by Anonymous
I've been dating this guy for about 4 months, it has been going really well. He generally treats me great and is really sweet, respectful and affectionate. I have been a little bit frustrated at how things were moving quite slowly - we only saw each other about once a week at best and he was quite slow to respond to my texts, taking up to a day sometimes. However, in person things were really great and right before Xmas he met my parents and then my extended family and got me a lovely Xmas gift (I didn't get him anything).

After Xmas I went on holiday for 3 weeks and before I left, he talked about how he really wanted me to keep in touch while I was out there and how he was going to miss me. He also called me right before I boarded my flight to say bye. Once I was on holiday however, I decided to just have fun with my friend and I didn't get in touch with my guy for a few weeks, and ignored his attempts to contact me. I also got with another guy in a club while I was away, but I haven't told him this.

When I came home last week, I messaged him to say I was back and he seemed a little bit cold, but said work was really busy for him and asked when he was going to see me. We then didn't speak for a couple of days, which is really unusual for us. We made plans for Thursday night, which he then cancelled because he said he got stuck at work. This turned into a fight because I didn't believe him as he made no attempt to reschedule and is now ignoring my texts.

I'm really upset about all this and really want to get back to the way things were before I left. I'm well aware I messed up and probably hurt his feelings but I don't know how to get through to him now. He's very, very sensitive and quite non-confrontational, so I think he will ignore me for a long time now if not forever.

If anyone has any bright ideas about how to fix this, that would be great.

The bold leads me to think that the best way to 'fix' it would be to stop seeing him so he can find someone more worthy of his love. The way you behaved was callous and selfish. He has been loving and generous and you reward him by ignoring his attempts to contact you and slopping around in the muck with someone else. That you actually believe you have any right to be angry with him for being upset and distancing himself for your emotional torture makes it obvious that you aren't mature enough to be dating at all and might benefit from working on your character first. Get rid.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by OU Student
On the flip side, if you're on holiday, would you really be checking your phone like that?

Why is it that in any relationships thread involving a female who is quite blatantly in the wrong you always persist in trying to absolve them of their behaviour?
fair enough if you were away and had not internet connection or whatever, but you actively ignored his attempts to speak to you. Why? You can't pick and drop people as you please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending