Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, I've done terrible in my A levels and i still don't wish to let the medicine dream go so ive landed myself at bio med in queen marys... i have no ideas about the procedures into medicine from here on. If any of you have taken this route please explain how the process was and what i need to get . thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenix_8696)
    hey guys, I've done terrible in my A levels and i still don't wish to let the medicine dream go so ive landed myself at bio med in queen marys... i have no ideas about the procedures into medicine from here on. If any of you have taken this route please explain how the process was and what i need to get . thank you
    You might get an idea about 'the procedures into medicine from here on' by using the search function, or just casting your eye around this subforum. If you want to get into Medicine it's going to take a certain amount of initiative.

ReputationRep:
    Your options are:

1. Re-apply to full-length medical courses in your final year at Queen Mary's. These are less competitive (in terms of applicants/place) but it's a more expensive option (greatly reduced NHS bursary), takes longer (usually 5 years), and they will focus on your A-levels despite your degree. You could re-sit your A-levels while at university but that's quite an ask and a lot of medical schools impose restrictions on whether or not they will accept re-sit grades.

2. Apply to graduate-entry medical courses in your final year. This is a cheaper and shorter option - most are four years long. They are often much more competitive (applicants/place) and the applicants are very well-prepared. A lot of people will already have work experience (etc) before beginning their first degree and then have 2-3 years in an opportunity-filled environment to create a masterful re-application. If you're going down this route, sharpen your elbows, start reading (websites, fora, books), and make a plan for how you're going to be the best possible applicant in 2+ years time. Most graduate courses don't get hung up on A-level results but everything else will need to be in top shape.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.