Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied for midwifery at teesside, queens, Napier, and Greenwich. I didn't make it to an interview for Greenwich and got an interview for teesside which I then didn't get an offer for. I haven't heard back from queens or Napier yet. I asked for feedback to find out where I went wrong at teesside and they said I didn't meet the criteria for:
    -communication skills based on performance during interview
    -performance in group interview
    -understanding the current role of a midwife
    -motivation towards midwifery as a career (how do I show this?)
    -insight into the demands of studying a professional programme
    -exemplifying an issue/experience which has been identified in their personal statement (can someone please tell me what that means!?)
    Having not met the criteria for 60% of what I was marked on it really shocked me as I thought I had done better than that! I understand this course is extremely hard to get into and that I'm lucky to have even got an interview but the feedback has really knocked down my confidence. I'm a very quiet and shy person and so I was leaving the interview proud that I had even took part in a group discussion and talked to new people without stuttering (when asked by the panel how I thought the group discussion went, I told them that I was proud of myself for speaking out....I'm assuming saying that was a mistake?)
    Can anyone please tell me anything that I MUST say at a midwifery interview and what definitely not to say apart from "I like babies"?? I'll really appreciate the extra help! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well I think the exemplifying something in your PS would mean when you were interviewed individually, that you failed to mention something that you talked about in your statement. So if you said you were someone's birthing partner in your statement and then later on when asked had you seen someone give birth said nothing, it kind of doesn't match up. My advice on that one is to reflect back on what you wrote in your statement pre-interview that's what I'll be doing for sure!

Also don't worry about Napier, the take their time to get back to people. They've got an open day in a few weeks actually might be worth your while actually I hear some of the faculty might be there, and they like being able to put faces to names!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennyscott19)
    Well I think the exemplifying something in your PS would mean when you were interviewed individually, that you failed to mention something that you talked about in your statement. So if you said you were someone's birthing partner in your statement and then later on when asked had you seen someone give birth said nothing, it kind of doesn't match up. My advice on that one is to reflect back on what you wrote in your statement pre-interview that's what I'll be doing for sure!

Also don't worry about Napier, the take their time to get back to people. They've got an open day in a few weeks actually might be worth your while actually I hear some of the faculty might be there, and they like being able to put faces to names!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, yea they did ask me about something Im a member of on my ps but my reply included a description of what it was, how I came across it and what it included so I don't understand how I failed that part? I could have probably been a bit more descriptive on what was in it so maybe that was it? Ok, thanks for your reply!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.