Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking for anyone studying at the Kingsway campus to find out what it's like.

I heard they're going to start an animation degree, but I went to an open day last year and the campus seemed a bit shabby. So hoping someone can tell me I just saw it on a bad day!!!!

ReputationRep:
    2nd Year Fine Art Student Rep here.

Kingsway is pretty great in my opinion. The facilities are good and available when needed. There are places to hang out all over the place, from what I have heard the rooms you can book to study in if you want somewhere private are great. The canteen is relatively good value, also Starbucks (which is at a reduced price for the uni). Also if you walk further up the road there is a co-op too. I love that we art related students have our own little corner of Chester. The only downside is the fact the library is on the main campus, but we are constantly hassling for one on our campus. In the meantime you can order books to Kingsway and I find that taking the trip to the library isn't too difficult. If you are desperate for books to look at there is always google scholar I find very helpful. I am not sure about the other subjects but as a Fine Art student I spend most of time hanging out in the studio which is open 8am-10pm. I hope this helps a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JocelynWJ)
    2nd Year Fine Art Student Rep here.

Kingsway is pretty great in my opinion. The facilities are good and available when needed. There are places to hang out all over the place, from what I have heard the rooms you can book to study in if you want somewhere private are great. The canteen is relatively good value, also Starbucks (which is at a reduced price for the uni). Also if you walk further up the road there is a co-op too. I love that we art related students have our own little corner of Chester. The only downside is the fact the library is on the main campus, but we are constantly hassling for one on our campus. In the meantime you can order books to Kingsway and I find that taking the trip to the library isn't too difficult. If you are desperate for books to look at there is always google scholar I find very helpful. I am not sure about the other subjects but as a Fine Art student I spend most of time hanging out in the studio which is open 8am-10pm. I hope this helps a bit
    Thanks for the reply, this is exactly the kind of thing I was after. I've found it quite difficult to get the feel of places on open days so it's brilliant to get the opinion of a current student.

Do you think there's any investment happening at Kingsway compared to the Parkgate campus?

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicejuly)
    Thanks for the reply, this is exactly the kind of thing I was after. I've found it quite difficult to get the feel of places on open days do it's brilliant to get the opinion of a student.

Do you think there's any investment happening at Kingsway compared to the Parkgate campus?

Thanks for your help
    Not that I know of, but I can't really compare them because I think I've spent no more than 5 hours on the main campus including tips to library. But then again they are for different things, the main campus is going to be more developed because thats where the halls are

ReputationRep:
    I study fine art now (first year) and it's right about the facilities they are brilliant. I see what you mean it could do with a little updating but I think that's mainly because it used to be a school haha. It's in a good area of chester ( I live 5 minutes away in hoole) so there's shops,a pub and takeaways right next to it. Also I'm pretty sure it never closes haha I've been there for full days on Sundays before now. Hope it gives you a better understanding. It's not the nicest looking but has good facilities and decent staff.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.