Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Indian man burys his daughter alive because he hates women Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ter_mailonline

What is with India and hatred of women? Must be the nost dangerous country in the world to be a woman.

India is already the captital for infantcide.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite sad and at times disgusting to be honest to see the amount of disrespect women get. They do not realise that if it wasn't for women (to be more specific your mother) you wouldn't be here today. She carried you in her womb for 9 months with so much pain and discomfort to get someone like that is unfair to the mother. Men and women are equal. Don't forget that it is the fathers sperm which decides whether or not that foetus is going to be a boy or a girl. So don't blame the mother, she had nothing to do with it. It shouldn't be a problem anyway as to whether or not the child is a boy or girl as both are equal. So to see men, brothers, grandfathers, uncles and FATHERS burying the child because she is a girl is disgraceful and those who do it should be ashamed of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Yet western feminists and the media focus on the 'ban page 3' campaign instead of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Yet western feminists and the media focus on the 'ban page 3' campaign instead of this.
    Sadly yes, which isn't right at all as there are other more important issues in this world and page 3 is not at the top of my list.

ReputationRep:
    Why are people incredibly stupid?

ReputationRep:
    Watch the Ross kemp documentary on India, some truly shocking things were said in the interviews he conducted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XVIII)
    Watch the Ross kemp documentary on India, some truly shocking things were said in the interviews he conducted

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should watch India's Daughter by Leslee Udwin. It's quite an emotional documentary.

ReputationRep:
    I think Pakistan gives them a run for their money with acid attacks. A web site on it set up by a charity I saw last year talked about circa 1900 over the last few years just around Lahore alone. One I psychopath I remember pouring acid on his sleeping baby daughters face because he didn't want another girl. What sort of twisted hatred leads a person to do that. Why not abandon her outside a hospital or police stn?

ReputationRep:
    Could the OP PLEASE be a little more sensitive and get their priorities sorted. Can we stop talking about trivial things like the murder of women and start addressing real issue like the fact blurred lines hasn't been banned yet.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly unsurprising.

ReputationRep:
    People only talk about how unsafe India is for woman. You have to take into account that not all Indians are like this. Not all Indian males are like what they are portrayed in media. This comes from an Indian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NerdyMeg)
    People only talk about how unsafe India is for woman. You have to take into account that not all Indians are like this. Not all Indian males are like what they are portrayed in media. This comes from an Indian.
    'Not all Indians'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorthaur)
    'Not all Indians'
    Every country has its share of di** heads.

ReputationRep:
    India, especially in these rural communities, has a very backwards attitude towards women (most other things as well). Whilst it's changing in the big cities, you'd be shocked at just how backwards the rural areas are.

This man was also Muslim and unfortunately the Abrahamic religions are also very prejudiced against women, to the point of seeing them as sub-human at times. These two things result in an especially toxic mixture where this man probably felt justified, not only because of the culture he lived in, but because of the religion he followed as well.

That said, I wouldn't say India is the most dangerous place on Earth to be a woman.

ReputationRep:
    Islam prohibits infanticide or killing of female infants. This is considered a serious crime of murder.
    Surah Al-Takvir Chapter 81, Verses 8 and 9 (81 : 8-9)
    “When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned, for what crime she was killed.” (17:31), (6:15) HOLY QURAN

ReputationRep:
    I am actually glad this seems to be playing more importance recently, I think Indian women have it terrible in India and even in the West in some cases. A lot of modernised-western Indians still hold on to this male superiority passed down from generations.

I advise you to read a Passage to India, it really gives a clear insight into the gender roles and patriarchy existing in India even in those day, it highlights other things too, some of which challenge my feminist perspective(I have caught your interest now haven't I anti-feminists?...) but if we are just focusing on inequality then yes it really highlights it well.

It's sad that the hatred for women is on such a large scale in India, but it is always nice to hear about indian feminist movements which would have been unheard of not long ago. I still don't think there will be change for a very long time at least not until many generations die out and even then probably not,clearly it's greatly influenced by India's government and also entrenched in culture, so really sadly we shouldn't expect matters like these not happen as they will probably continue for a very long time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ter_mailonline

What is with India and hatred of women? Must be the nost dangerous country in the world to be a woman.

India is already the captital for infantcide.
    Definitely not the 'most' dangerous IMO, imagine places like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Congo etc, and by law, in India females do have 'equal rights' as men, unlike some other countries.

As for infanticide, I suspect China is even worse. The gender gap in India is 5.3% compared to a massive 15% in China.

The villages normally tend be worse, but there are problems in urban areas too, especially in the past 2/3 years things have taken a turn for the worse. It is the attitude held by some people that makes it slightly unsafe for women. More education is required to improve the situation. Backward thoughts and narrowed mindedness are unfortunately still rampant and affecting millions of Indians even in the 21st century, holding back economic and social growth.

But, I strongly believe there are regional differences too. In Kerala (a state at the southern tip of India), women are incredibly safe and such instances are almost unheard of. This could well be due to the fact Kerala is one of the most educated states in India, and definitely the most literate. So, provide a better standard of education at a national level, and teach everyone the norms and values a society must uphold, then things should hopefully improve for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to care about both, and the road to gender equality is at different points in different places (India being considerably further behind than us).

This is coming from someone who's against the banning of page 3 as well.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to ever here any butthurt male TRSian complain about how marriage screws men over unless it does so in a away that is worse than being buried alive.

Is that really the only thing you can say about such an awful news story :/

You not what is even stupider? Western feminists do focus on this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I don't want to ever here any butthurt male TRSian complain about how marriage screws men over unless it does so in a away that is worse than being buried alive.

Is that really the only thing you can say about such an awful news story :/
    Notice how you go straight to insulting the person, mentioning 'butthurt male TSRians', without actually addressing my point.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.