Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you listen to music? Watch

• View Poll Results: How do you listen to music?
    Youtube
    25.00%
    Streaming service (e.g. Spotify)
    20.83%
    CDs
    4.17%
    Tapes
    0%
    MP3 downloads
    33.33%
    Vinyl records
    0%
    Live
    4.17%
    Radio
    0%
    TV
    0%
    Other
    12.50%
    I don´t listen to music
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

What is the main way you listen to music? Some may use many different ways, but is there one you use more than others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by number23)
    Hey,

What is the main way you listen to music? Some may use many different ways, but is there one you use more than others?
    I'm in the "Other" camp! :yep:

I listen to FLAC files ripped from CD or downloaded from naughty websites when I own the vinyl for the most part. If I'm really in the mood to just listen, I'll go with the vinyl.

ReputationRep:
    Pop music on my phone, classical on CDs

ReputationRep:
    Spotify is at the centre of my existence c:

ReputationRep:
    I listen to Live music. Music from my mouth. Is music to my ears.

ReputationRep:
    Download the 320kbps MP3's illegally and I'm good to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Used to just download stuff from dodgy websites but I got spotify premium instead and use that now (feel less guilty lmao)
    Taylor swift isn't on spotify though (

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Went for "other" as it's mostly mp3/aiff/wav etc files ripped from CD rather than downloaded.

I also listen to CDs and vinyl on the stereo from time to time and discover new music by streaming on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    Pop music on my phone, classical on CDs
    You listen to both pop and classical? That's a pretty odd combination to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantToBeThere)
    You listen to both pop and classical? That's a pretty odd combination to me.
    Really? I'd say that was the case for a good proportion of people, it depends how serious a mood I'm in (although you could say that Straus was 18th and 19th century pop music). I listen to it that way round because sound quality doesn't matter so much for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    Really? I'd say that was the case for a good proportion of people, it depends how serious a mood I'm in (although you could say that Straus was 18th and 19th century pop music). I listen to it that way round because sound quality doesn't matter so much for it
    I didn't know a good proportion of people (not referring to you) listen to classical music much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantToBeThere)
    I didn't know a good proportion of people (not referring to you) listen to classical music much.
    Well obviously no as many as listen to pop music (other wise it is not pop music), but I shouldn't think it is unsusual for people who listen to classical music to listen to pop music also. 'Tis good to have an eclectic taste but important not to ascribe musical worth to something just because it is popular

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry this isn't really relevant, but I'm doing my dissertation on the reasons why people listen to music, and if anyone could spare a minute (if that) to complete my questionnaire it'd be really appreciated. Thanks!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gKj...Js8wY/viewform

ReputationRep:
    Either via Youtube or my phone

ReputationRep:
    Was against the whole streaming thing for the longest time due to signal/cutout worries, going with mp3/etcs, but the '99p for 3 months' thing drew me in to Spotify. Now I'm in the ecosystem I'm scared to leave (such convenience). Those sneaky marketers!

ReputationRep:
    >mfw there's no "FLAC via foobar2000" option.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Mp3 and YouTube.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I torrent, download and youtube my music (and use my ipod/itunes)
    I used to buy loads of CDs, though, and I've bought loads of merch and gig tickets, so I'm probably neutral overall

ReputationRep:
    Youtube. I do have a sizable collection on my PC but I only use it when my internet dies.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My iPod, with my ears.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.