The Student Room Group

I want to be an Audiologist...

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you had any advice, success stories or experiences that you could throw my way?

I'm currently in my final year of study a BSc (Hons) in Audio Engineering. My dissertation and honours project are both focused on Audiology.

I have just applied for the NHS STP scheme, and I am waiting to hear if I have managed to get an interview. This scheme sounds like it would suit me to a T, so I'm really anxious.

This has got me thinking, what are my options if it doesn't work out? I'm not sure if I can register with HCPC as my degree is in Audio Engineering and not Audiology.

I was thinking I could apply for an Audiologist Technician/Assistant job, but I'm not 100% if I am qualified? I can't seem to find much information about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in Advance,

Bumbles94

Original post by Bumbles94
Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you had any advice, success stories or experiences that you could throw my way?

I'm currently in my final year of study a BSc (Hons) in Audio Engineering. My dissertation and honours project are both focused on Audiology.

I have just applied for the NHS STP scheme, and I am waiting to hear if I have managed to get an interview. This scheme sounds like it would suit me to a T, so I'm really anxious.

This has got me thinking, what are my options if it doesn't work out? I'm not sure if I can register with HCPC as my degree is in Audio Engineering and not Audiology.

I was thinking I could apply for an Audiologist Technician/Assistant job, but I'm not 100% if I am qualified? I can't seem to find much information about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in Advance,

Bumbles94

Do the MSc in Audiology (pre registration) will allow you to be an audiologist if you got a 2.1 i think in your current degree, I think UCL, Manchester, Queens Margret and Southhampton offer it, I think its one year long and I'm not sure if you have to find your own clinical placement but I know for sure that UCL offer the placements with :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Audiology-Med
Do the MSc in Audiology (pre registration) will allow you to be an audiologist if you got a 2.1 i think in your current degree, I think UCL, Manchester, Queens Margret and Southhampton offer it, I think its one year long and I'm not sure if you have to find your own clinical placement but I know for sure that UCL offer the placements with :smile:

Thanks so much! I'm going to call some universities later on and get more information :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending