Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you had any advice, success stories or experiences that you could throw my way?

I'm currently in my final year of study a BSc (Hons) in Audio Engineering. My dissertation and honours project are both focused on Audiology.

I have just applied for the NHS STP scheme, and I am waiting to hear if I have managed to get an interview. This scheme sounds like it would suit me to a T, so I'm really anxious.

This has got me thinking, what are my options if it doesn't work out? I'm not sure if I can register with HCPC as my degree is in Audio Engineering and not Audiology.

I was thinking I could apply for an Audiologist Technician/Assistant job, but I'm not 100% if I am qualified? I can't seem to find much information about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in Advance,

Bumbles94

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bumbles94)
    Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you had any advice, success stories or experiences that you could throw my way?

I'm currently in my final year of study a BSc (Hons) in Audio Engineering. My dissertation and honours project are both focused on Audiology.

I have just applied for the NHS STP scheme, and I am waiting to hear if I have managed to get an interview. This scheme sounds like it would suit me to a T, so I'm really anxious.

This has got me thinking, what are my options if it doesn't work out? I'm not sure if I can register with HCPC as my degree is in Audio Engineering and not Audiology.

I was thinking I could apply for an Audiologist Technician/Assistant job, but I'm not 100% if I am qualified? I can't seem to find much information about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in Advance,

Bumbles94

Do the MSc in Audiology (pre registration) will allow you to be an audiologist if you got a 2.1 i think in your current degree, I think UCL, Manchester, Queens Margret and Southhampton offer it, I think its one year long and I'm not sure if you have to find your own clinical placement but I know for sure that UCL offer the placements with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audiology-Med)
    Do the MSc in Audiology (pre registration) will allow you to be an audiologist if you got a 2.1 i think in your current degree, I think UCL, Manchester, Queens Margret and Southhampton offer it, I think its one year long and I'm not sure if you have to find your own clinical placement but I know for sure that UCL offer the placements with
    Thanks so much! I'm going to call some universities later on and get more information

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.