Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When someone is basically indifferent to your existence. Especially when you're emotionally invested in them.

I'd even prefer it if she was upset with me...

*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When someone is basically indifferent to your existence. Especially when you're emotionally invested in them.

*sigh*
    Pick it up and move on mate, the opposite of love is not hate, hate is just love gone bad. The opposite of love is apathy... I'm really sorry...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I remember me what someone has said to me about indifference: 'indifference does not hurt you no matter happens to you' - or something like that.

From the perspective of yourself, its right. No one can be emotional hurt by the others.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

*sigh*
    Time to up sticks and leave :console:

Maybe she is not as indifferent as you think.. My ex best friend (who happened to be BPD) acted out indifference as a weapon of cruelty and ultimate control over the other person.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, because it tells you that they don't want to acknowledge you as if, if you tried to befriend her she'd already decided no. Just try and pick up your standard of banter with her

ReputationRep:

*sigh*
    With women, it's always difficult to tell. Although she could be indifferent to you, there's always the option that she's either shy or slightly scared to speak with you. Also, I read somewhere that women may ignore a man purposefully to test, to flirt, to somehow provoke. Thus the saying 'Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars' is quite fitting to the situation. Maybe you should have a chat with her about it. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. I hope this was of any help!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.