Turn on thread page Beta

Looking for work in a French-speaking country for ~6 months - advice? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm planning to take a gap year between sixth form and university. I realise that it's quite far ahead to start looking for places to work, considering that my gap year will start in autumn 2016, but I would really like some advice on where I should start looking.

I am looking for work in France (or a French-speaking country) for around six months, preferably with an element of care work and/or biomedical/biochemical sciences.

This is because I am applying for a medical degree next year at the start of my final year of school, and would really like to gain some relevant experience that I will enjoy during my gap year. However, everywhere that I have looked for biomedical/biochemical sciences states that a degree is a job requirement, and I will only have AS and A Level qualifications (AS: biology, chemistry, maths, French, Japanese; A2: French, biology, chemistry)...is this simply an unrealistic type of work to be looking for, given my future qualifications?

Does anyone have any advice on where to start looking for jobs? Personal contacts, agencies, small companies? Any advice would be really gratefully appreciated, thank you!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.