Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently study Physics, Chemistry,Psychology and Product Design.

Hoping to go to Kings College, Kent, Queens, Royal Holloway or Reading.

ReputationRep:
    I think most unis want you to have Maths?

ReputationRep:
    No. No maths so no science or engineering course will accept you

ReputationRep:
    Look at the uni websites and check.

For KCL it says:
    A levels

AAB including grade B in at least one of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing, ICT, Electronics or Statistics. Additionally, GCSE (or equivalent) grade B in Mathematics.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Moved to Physics section
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Dony111)
    I currently study Physics, Chemistry,Psychology and Product Design.

Hoping to go to Kings College, Kent, Queens, Royal Holloway or Reading.
    Have you had a look at some of the university websites? They will tell you all of the information you need to know.

For computer science, an A-level in a mathematical subject is almost always required (unless you apply for foundation courses etc.). Some universities may want you to have maths plus one other science, but university requirements differ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Moved to Physics section
    OK, but wouldn't the computer science & IT uni courses forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=52 be better?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    OK, but wouldn't the computer science & IT uni courses forum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=52 be better?
    Fair point, have reported it to be moved there

ReputationRep:
    Why move to physics lol. Can you read
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Fair point, have reported it to be moved there
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by naxiv)
    Why move to physics lol. Can you read
    I've been told that computer science is quite physics orientated, so this thread wouldn't be out of place in the physics section anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent18)
    I've been told that computer science is quite physics orientated, so this thread wouldn't be out of place in the physics section anyway.
    More maths oriented IMHO... though quite a lot of people with physics seem to end up being coders , maybe it uses the same part of the brain :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Computing = Maths
    (Original post by TheStudent18)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Moved to computing and IT courses section

ReputationRep:
    depends what uni you wnat to go to, you can do computer science without maths if you go to a uni that typically accepts 300 ucas, i do computer science and its not physics orientated

ReputationRep:
    Its maths orientated
    (Original post by DNix)
    depends what uni you wnat to go to, you can do computer science without maths if you go to a uni that typically accepts 300 ucas, i do computer science and its not physics orientated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naxiv)
    Its maths orientated
    It is maths oriented but you can learn it as you go through or some uni's do a module in it first year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Look at the uni websites and check.

For KCL it says:
    A levels

AAB including grade B in at least one of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing, ICT, Electronics or Statistics. Additionally, GCSE (or equivalent) grade B in Mathematics.
    Hello,do you do computer sciences

ReputationRep:
    No, I teach maths but, as a sixth form tutor, I help with UCAS applications.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.