Is the Manchurian Railway in Korea or China?

Watch
Vinstagram
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This is my first post to the forums.. but here goes

Hi, we're learning about the Manchurian Crisis in school, and we got some printed out notes the other day giving a chronological order of events.

The part that I'm not sure about on them is that "the Manchurian Railway, in Korea"... But surely this doesn't make sense, as Manchuria is in China! (And our textbook backs that up) But I might be wrong - as it might just be the railway that's in a different country as well...
So - Is the Manchurian Railway in Korea or China?

Thanks for solving my problem in advance!!

--Vinstagram
Andrew657Thomas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Inner Manchuria, Republic of China

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukden_Incident
Magnesium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Vinstagram)
This is my first post to the forums.. but here goes

Hi, we're learning about the Manchurian Crisis in school, and we got some printed out notes the other day giving a chronological order of events.

The part that I'm not sure about on them is that "the Manchurian Railway, in Korea"... But surely this doesn't make sense, as Manchuria is in China! (And our textbook backs that up) But I might be wrong - as it might just be the railway that's in a different country as well...
So - Is the Manchurian Railway in Korea or China?

Thanks for solving my problem in advance!!

--Vinstagram
The Manchurian Railway is in China. The Manchurian Crisis has nothing to do with Korea, the dispute was between Japan and China. Japan claimed a "bombing" happened but there was no evidence of this and used this opportunity to "bring order" to Manchuria. Japanese troops moved in and renamed Manchuria "Manchukuo".
Vinstagram
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Magnesium)
The Manchurian Railway is in China. The Manchurian Crisis has nothing to do with Korea, the dispute was between Japan and China. Japan claimed a "bombing" happened but there was no evidence of this and used this opportunity to "bring order" to Manchuria. Japanese troops moved in and renamed Manchuria "Manchukuo".
Thanks for the help guys... It certainly cleared things up for me a bit!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel the grades you will receive this year will be fair?

Yes I feel the grades I will receive will be fair (41)
22.28%
No, I don't feel the grades I will receive will be fair (91)
49.46%
I'm unsure (52)
28.26%

Watched Threads