Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I can't help but think that we are living in a backwards society filled with double standards, where a$$holes get everything and where nice people do genuinely finish last. It seems that niceness isn't seen as "cool" and horrible people have more friends and are liked more sometimes for actually being a$$holes. Since when did being a heartless arrogent so and so be desirable ???

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by hycurrie)
    It seems that niceness isn't seen as "cool" and horrible people have more friends and are liked more sometimes for actually being a$$holes.

Since when did being a heartless arrogent so and so be desirable ???
    Who do you associate with?

It hasn't... Well at least to most people I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Who do you associate with?

It hasn't... Well at least to most people I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might just be my opinion but its defintely like this in my sixthform etc.

I mean two people who were constantly getting chased up for work and skippng lessons where "the face of our sixthform" just because they were good looking.

I just mean that being a nice person isn't as highly rated as i think it sound be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hycurrie)
    Sometimes I can't help but think that we are living in a backwards society filled with double standards, where a$$holes get everything and where nice people do genuinely finish last. It seems that niceness isn't seen as "cool" and horrible people have more friends and are liked more sometimes for actually being a$$holes. Since when did being a heartless arrogent so and so be desirable ???
    What you're saying is very vague..

But I think the whole idiots having friends thing is at least something that applied to me when I was at school- particularly at the start of secondary school, but that behaviour lessened as I got older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    What you're saying is very vague..

But I think the whole idiots having friends thing is at least something that applied to me when I was at school- particularly at the start of secondary school, but that behaviour lessened as I got older.
    I found its lessoned but idk to me at the moment it seems very in my face at the momeny and its one of things once you've seen it you cant help but notice it everywhere

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.