The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ramighanem98
What grades did you get?

Didn't do too well but got BBB
Original post by theclass
Hi, I'm on the waiting list and have been told there are no vacancies and to wait till september. What are the chances of getting in? Thanks.

It varies year to year youll just need to wait and see I am afraid.

Original post by theclass
Didn't do too well but got BBB

More than enough and very well done.

Original post by Ramighanem98
What grades did you get?

Its kind of totally irrelevent!
Has anyone received the 36 week contract for accommodation instead of the 40 week one?
Im still on the waiting list, anyone else,
also if someone already knows, how do they get in contact if you get a place?
Does anyone know when you get your timetable?

I have logged into sussed but will it only show when I arrive this september?
same I cant see our timetable yet
Original post by Zahid~
Im still on the waiting list, anyone else,
also if someone already knows, how do they get in contact if you get a place?

You can be on the waiting list until after the course has started in case people drop out :sadnod:. It's unlikely but you might still hear.

They will probably send you a letter and give you a call.

Original post by maryland123
Has anyone received the 36 week contract for accommodation instead of the 40 week one?

If you're worried, get in touch with accomm people.

Original post by musictutor
Does anyone know when you get your timetable?

I have logged into sussed but will it only show when I arrive this september?

You'll get one at induction and the timetable will go up sometime around then. You're far too early and keen! :h:

Original post by DBoyH2O
same I cant see our timetable yet

No you won't see it yet :nah:.
Accepted an offer for BM6 A102 Medicine! I was on the waiting list, a bit hesitant to accept at first because of serious personal and family issues going on all Summer and to this day, I did not want to leave my family. Just need to send some documents. A copy of my qualifications are requested, assuming all of which I have hold of (GCSEs only)? As I do not have my A-Level certificates yet. I have sent my application for accommodation and I hope I get a reply ASAP. My main concern is if everything will be sorted before induction and hopefully a smooth transfer regarding student finance and the University which was firmed prior to this offer.
Reply 1348
Is their a particular UKCAT score that determines whether you get an interview or not, because my UKCAT results wasn't good :frown:
Original post by Salooo
Is their a particular UKCAT score that determines whether you get an interview or not, because my UKCAT results wasn't good :frown:

From what ive read if you're applying to BM6 then an okay score is fine. What did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 1350
Original post by sufiyan1999
From what ive read if you're applying to BM6 then an okay score is fine. What did you get if you don't mind me asking?

1740 (without DM) + Band 3
Original post by Salooo
1740 (without DM) + Band 3

For BM6 that shoild be a good enough score to be considered. Make sure you personal statememt is watertight
Reply 1352
Awesome, cheers sufiyan
Original post by Fahim999
Accepted an offer for BM6 A102 Medicine! I was on the waiting list, a bit hesitant to accept at first because of serious personal and family issues going on all Summer and to this day, I did not want to leave my family. Just need to send some documents. A copy of my qualifications are requested, assuming all of which I have hold of (GCSEs only)? As I do not have my A-Level certificates yet. I have sent my application for accommodation and I hope I get a reply ASAP. My main concern is if everything will be sorted before induction and hopefully a smooth transfer regarding student finance and the University which was firmed prior to this offer.

Congratulations, you must be so happy! *
I'm applying for this course this year, I meet the academic and contextual profiles & got an ok-ish UKCAT, good enough at least anyway.*

I missed a conditional offer from Liverpool med school this year. I am re-applying to them so have to reference that in my PS. Will this be problematic when Southampton review my PS?

Thanks*
Original post by Salooo

You get an interview based on your PS. They ignore your UKCAT unless they're deciding between 2 really similar candidates after interview.

How is it going?

Original post by sufiyan1999

They don't use it really at all.

Original post by Fleuves
I'm applying for this course this year, I meet the academic and contextual profiles & got an ok-ish UKCAT, good enough at least anyway.*

I missed a conditional offer from Liverpool med school this year. I am re-applying to them so have to reference that in my PS. Will this be problematic when Southampton review my PS?

Thanks*

UKCAT not used :biggrin:

Do you HAVE TO mention it? I'd get your referee to mention it and would absolutely NOT mention it in your PS. And be specific. What is it they want you to mention specifically? i'd also double check as often admissions staff give different advise on different days!
Waiting for clearing from Occupational Health still...😫 I hope catching up will be easy!
Waiting for clearing from Occupational Health still...😫 I hope catching up will be easy!

What are you waiting for exactly? Have you been in touch with the course lead to ask what to do urgently?

I can't think if anything that should stop you starting.
Original post by Neostigmine
UKCAT not used :biggrin:

Do you HAVE TO mention it? I'd get your referee to mention it and would absolutely NOT mention it in your PS. And be specific. What is it they want you to mention specifically? i'd also double check as often admissions staff give different advise on different days!

Thank you for this. Yes, I have to mention it in my PS for Liverpool as I missed my offer. :-( they want me to reflect on what I learnt from missing the offer and essentially, how I won't miss it this year. Bit of a awkward position to be in lol.*

Quick Reply

Latest