The Student Room Group

Please

Anyone out there get into medicine without any A* at GCSE 😢
Yes, people do. It will be harder, and the rest of your application will need to be stellar. But it is perfectly possible. Apply strategically to universities that place less of an emphasis on GCSE results, and always make sure that you meet at least meet the minimum grades for GCSE requirements.
If i get good a levels and aptitude test results would I be a competitor for the top ten schools (so I can have one as my number 1 choice
Original post by BigDreamer123
If i get good a levels and aptitude test results would I be a competitor for the top ten schools (so I can have one as my number 1 choice

Top ten don't mean s*** for medicine. Apply to schools that you stand a good chance of getting an interview at and you don't mind spending five years of your life at.

Applying to a 'prestigious' school if you're not going to be competitive is a waste of an application. You need to aim where you actually stand a good chance of getting in. When the time comes avoid schools that heavily focus on gcses and aim for great scores on bmat and ukcat and apply to unis that like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So then that table of applying to your strengths is quite useful

Of course it is, far more useful than any league table for medicine.

Can I give you some advice? You seem to post a lot of threads basically asking if medicine is still a possibility for you. There are only so many ways and some many times people can say it is still a possibility for you. Instead of constantly stressing about whether or not you can get into medicine (it is a possibility, that are no guarantees for anyone when it comes to applying for medicine), get your head down and work your a*** of this year ... it will be far more beneficial to you in the long run (and for your mental health atm).
Reply 6

Crucial

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending