Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i do not mean to sound ignorant in anyway but i really want to vote this year as i officially turn 18 today but i feel i do not know anything about the current political parties to be able to make a legit accurate and genuine vote

can someone just briefly explain to me all the political parties and what there all about, their main target and aim if voted for and all that jazz

thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarteeliax)
    Hi, i do not mean to sound ignorant in anyway but i really want to vote this year as i officially turn 18 today but i feel i do not know anything about the current political parties to be able to make a legit accurate and genuine vote

can someone just briefly explain to me all the political parties and what there all about, their main target and aim if voted for and all that jazz

thankyou
    Do you agree with the current 47% income tax rate or should it be raised to 52%. Do you agree with taxing rich peoples homes more.

Should the deficit be cut by cutting spending alone or with tax rises too.

Are you happy with current immigration or should it be decreased.

Do you want consumption and trade decreased to save the environment.

Should people be around to join terrorist groups.

Was gay marriage wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Yes to most of the above, is that the top reasons why people are voting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes to most of the above, is that the top reasons why people are voting

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, it's why i'm voting.

If you answer each of them we can get a better grip on who you support.

ReputationRep:

thankyou
    You need to read as much as you can - there is lots of info online - many political articles with varying opinions. The link below could be a start for you as it's a recent summary of Cameron's 5 years in government:-

www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jan/28/-sp-david-camerons-five-year-legacy-has-he-finished-what-margaret-thatcher-started

You could also read the websites of the various political parties to compare and contrast their policies.

ReputationRep:
    fleta10 that is the problem, the articles and news interviews with the MP and the prime minister are just so complicated and worded so sophisticated its hard to understand what their underlying issue or concern is and rakas i will answer them then thankyou for your time by the way

Do you agree with the current 47% income tax rate or should it be raised to 52%. Do you agree with taxing rich peoples homes more. A: i think the income tax rate should be raised as many people are now in somewhat stable jobs and hell yeah tacking rich people they all own most of this countries money and use dodgy white collar ways to avoid paying tax

Should the deficit be cut by cutting spending alone or with tax rises too. A: i have no idea what you mean by the deficit? what deficit to be exact

Are you happy with current immigration or should it be decreased. A: i dont feel that immigration is a big deal as there making it out to be these immigrants have done nothing but help this country develop financially, industrially and just generally helped with work that quiet frankly no one wants to do

Do you want consumption and trade decreased to save the environment. A: no disrespect but im not all about that green peace save the environment *******s

Should people be around to join terrorist groups. A: no i think terrorist groups should be avoided entirely as a muslim myself this terrorist revolution with ISIS needs to be eradicated

was gay marriage wrong: i personally do think so but then again we now live in a post-modern society where choice is free and people are less secular as the decline of relgion and values is on the increase so it was to be expected but i dont mind it but im not in favour or in support of it either if you know what i mean?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.