The Student Room Group
Reply 1
As far as I know, you can add choices to your current application up to the 6 maximum until the January 15th deadline. If you are rejected by Bournemouth after then, you would have to go through extra.
Reply 2
oh ok so i just add unis into my online application? or would i have to write it all out again and then get it sent to my referee and get it sent off again?
Reply 3
You'll only pay £5 at first for only applying to one uni, and then you'll need to pay an additional £10 if you want to apply to more than one or use Extra or Clearing.

You'll add new unis to your existing application by phoning UCAS. But you will need to do this by the january deadline, or you'll be considered as a late applicant
A few unis do computer animation, even if you don't think they're very good it might be an idea to add a couple more just in case (that's if you haven't already sent your application off)
Reply 5
Juno
You'll only pay £5 at first for only applying to one uni, and then you'll need to pay an additional £10 if you want to apply to more than one or use Extra or Clearing.

You'll add new unis to your existing application by phoning UCAS. But you will need to do this by the january deadline, or you'll be considered as a late applicant

Yep, and if you wait till about March there is always UCAs Extra, or Clearing in the summer.

Btw I think that applying to only one uni does happen and is fair enough if theres only one uni/course you want to go to.
Reply 6
PaulaTwouble
A few unis do computer animation, even if you don't think they're very good it might be an idea to add a couple more just in case (that's if you haven't already sent your application off)

You can add them even if you have sent your application off.
Reply 7
Use the UCAS directory and apply for more as a back up. Better than regretting lack of choices, you can accept and reject what you like then.
You get a better chance at getting in if you've mentioned the course and university name within your personal statement.
If it's really the only place you want to go... then it's probably the only place you should apply to. If you end up going to a 2nd choice Uni that you didn't really want to go to, you might end up resenting it. Personally I think if you don't get in to where you want, it's a better idea to go back to college and spend a year getting more / better qualifications, and get practical experience to list, and then reapply to the one you really want to go to for the next year.
Reply 10
Toy Soldier
If it's really the only place you want to go... then it's probably the only place you should apply to. If you end up going to a 2nd choice Uni that you didn't really want to go to, you might end up resenting it. Personally I think if you don't get in to where you want, it's a better idea to go back to college and spend a year getting more / better qualifications, and get practical experience to list, and then reapply to the one you really want to go to for the next year.

:ditto:
Yeah I applied for one university only and said why on my Personal Statement.
Reply 12
Carl1982
Yeah I applied for one university only and said why on my Personal Statement.

Which university, what course, why, and how did it go? Or did you just apply?

Sorry Carl; just a little curious. :redface:
Nutter
Which university, what course, why, and how did it go? Or did you just apply?

Sorry Carl; just a little curious. :redface:

The one i applied for is whats now known as the University of Bedfordshire and the course is a BA in Football Studies and within weeks i got an offer.
Reply 14
Carl1982
The one i applied for is whats now known as the University of Bedfordshire and the course is a BA in Football Studies and within weeks i got an offer.

You should've done something useful, like origami :p:
Juno
You should've done something useful, like origami :p:

No point if i am not interested in origami, Football is my interest.

Latest