Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here using Knee sleeves? I'm in need of some at the moment, but most of the more used ones in the gym are very expensive. Money that I havn't got.

Can anyone let me know of any decent priced ones that work very well. Preferably ones that have been tried and tested.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Some that will obviously help if you squat heavy.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Ask Motorbiker

The need for knee sleeves is debated, guys like Motorbiker and whatever Arturo is now called (apologies I forget!) swear by them for improving knee comfort. If you're having knee problems, might be worth looking at your form first.

Imo I don't really see the science of how keeping a joint warm minimally improves anything, but whatever works for you is more important!

ReputationRep:
    The strength shop single ply ones are pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Ask Motorbiker

The need for knee sleeves is debated, guys like Motorbiker and whatever Arturo is now called (apologies I forget!) swear by them for improving knee comfort. If you're having knee problems, might be worth looking at your form first.

Imo I don't really see the science of how keeping a joint warm minimally improves anything, but whatever works for you is more important!
    I don't know any science about it but it really does work! I certainly do swear by them.

In England I just bought mine from Boots. I think they were like £10 each (they're sold individually). Err on the side of a smaller size, cos tighter is better and they will stretch out a bit.

Oh and yeah, if you're having knee pain then I agree with Cucumber, checking your form is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    £10 each is just as expensive as the wrap material sleeves.

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone necessarily wants to get sleeves for the carryover. Rehband/neoprene sized sleeves are nice because you can keep them on with no restriction of movement or bloodflow. If you have very stiff ones like the double/triple ply Strength Shop ones or the SBD ones (sized down) your feet will probably go to sleep if you keep them around the knee region. Especially if you have good calf development.

Personally, I like the cotton blend hookgrip ones. They're warm enough, don't really have any carryover but they make my knees feel nice and they are more comfortable than the single ply strength shop ones. It depends on what you mean by 'help' when you squat. Is it a question of pain/maximum support/carryover? Then you need thick sleeves that will cut off your circulation and you will need to pull on/off. If it is a question of keeping the joint warm and that makes you feel nice, buy something thinner like the Tommy Kono/Reband/Hookgrip or a clone in neoprene for cheap.

ReputationRep:
    I don't need the sleeves because of form issues regarding the knees. I want them as a blanket of safety, an extra layer of protection, a form of warmth.

I'm not having any issues with my knees currently, touch wood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    The strength shop single ply ones are pretty good.

Thankyou for that website, I guess if I were to invest in some, then £30 for double ply seems reasonable, and much better that we get two rather then a single. Repped.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.