Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I was wondering what the standard of University football is? Of course I'm expecting the 1st team to be mostly made of semi-pros but what about the second or third teams usually? I used to play football in a team until I was 17, most of the team were ex-academy players, so it was an okay standard. Just wondering if I'll actually be able to make these teams

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm 16 and thinking the same thing as you, there's no way I'm going uni to not make it into the first team lol. Apparently being in the first time gets you so many girls aswell

ReputationRep:
    Depends what uni you go to I'd guess, in Scotland a few universities have teams that play in semi-pro leagues such as the Lowland League. Stirling are in that league and they have a good squad and six different teams. However smaller universities and universities that maybe do not have as much of a sporty side to it will be different and may just play against other universities with a few ex-semi-pros in the team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpeedyGonzalez)
    Hey, I'm 16 and thinking the same thing as you, there's no way I'm going uni to not make it into the first team lol. Apparently being in the first time gets you so many girls aswell
    I really doubt that 😂 think you're thinking of American football

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SpeedyGonzalez)
    That's such a #lads rumour :lol: - unfortunately at unis in the UK we don't marvel over the sports teams, they kinda sit in their own bubble of self importance within the SU. xD

But in regards to the thread - you'd join the Football sports team and then they'd sort you into whatever team your ability is.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.