Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to get a new phone but NOT the iPhone :unimpressed:

I am really picky over whether to choose LG G3, Samsung S5 or HTC One M8. Does anyone have any of those phones? And whether or not they are worth getting? I have a Samsung Tab 3 so maybe that will be my last choice.

If you got any other ideas other than an iPhone then it would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly92xo)

I am really picky over whether to choose LG G3, Samsung S5 or HTC One M8. Does anyone have any of those phones? And whether or not they are worth getting? I have a Samsung Tab 3 so maybe that will be my last choice.

Thanks in advance
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    All three of these phones are likely to be succeeded by newer models in the next few months, so If you're after one because they're the top tier of phones, it's a good idea to hold off until April or so.

If you simply want to buy a good smartphone and quick, all three are solid options with a lot of the same core internal specs. The Galaxy S5 has an excellent screen and camera, but cheap build quality and tacky software skinning. The One M8 has superb build quality but a naff camera. The LG G3 sits between the two in build, camera and screen quality, and its huge 5.5" and odd button placement can be taken as either a pro or a con depending on your personal opinion. It also has the least obtrusive Android skinnin of the bunch.

Check my smartphone gift guide here for more suggestions, it covers pretty much everything worth buying for the time being until the new flagships start launching :yep:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2991675

ReputationRep:
    Deleted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    All three of these phones are likely to be succeeded by newer models in the next few months, so If you're after one because they're the top tier of phones, it's a good idea to hold off until April or so.

If you simply want to buy a good smartphone and quick, all three are solid options with a lot of the same core internal specs. The Galaxy S5 has an excellent screen and camera, but cheap build quality and tacky software skinning. The One M8 has superb build quality but a naff camera. The LG G3 sits between the two in build, camera and screen quality, and its huge 5.5" and odd button placement can be taken as either a pro or a con depending on your personal opinion. It also has the least obtrusive Android skinnin of the bunch.

Check my smartphone gift guide here for more suggestions, it covers pretty much everything worth buying for the time being until the new flagships start launching :yep:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2991675
    Thank you for your reply what is the odd button on the LG?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply what is the odd button on the LG?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The LG G3 has its power/lock and volume buttons on the back of the phone rather then on the edges;

Name:  G3_Black_2_low.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  233.4 KB

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    For pay as you go? As a few them are showing up under £300
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Have you had a chance to play around on any of those phones yet?

ReputationRep:
    I actually have a similar question. I'm looking to get a new phone but not an Iphone as I don't like its OS and their restrictions.

I'm looking at Samsung Note 4, the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6, Nexus 6 and any new flagship smartphone that comes out either by late March (I prefer one in late March) or Summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okorange)
    I actually have a similar question. I'm looking to get a new phone but not an Iphone as I don't like its OS and their restrictions.

I'm looking at Samsung Note 4, the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S6, Nexus 6 and any new flagship smartphone that comes out either by late March (I prefer one in late March) or Summer.
    If you can afford to wait, do it- aside from a few hardware leaks we don't know what to expect from the upcoming flagships from Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony (and OnePlus, I guess). All should launch in the first half of the year :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    If you can afford to wait, do it- aside from a few hardware leaks we don't know what to expect from the upcoming flagships from Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony (and OnePlus, I guess). All should launch in the first half of the year :yep:
    Thanks for the reply, do you know what the major uses of the stylus are for the Note 4? A lot of reviews have extolled the virtues of the stylus however I have never actually used a stylus and feel like a stylus might actually be slower for me than just pressing or typing with my fingers.

ReputationRep:
    I am paying it monthly on GiffGaff and I am steering more towards the HTC but still going to wait another month. I don't want the LG as it is far too big :-O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am paying it monthly on GiffGaff and I am steering more towards the HTC but still going to wait another month. I don't want the LG as it is far too big :-O

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait for the HTC M9 to come out, fixes the few gripes that most have with the M8 (bottom LCD panel bezel, crappy camera etc - going from the leak render from evleaks).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyXDA)
    Wait for the HTC M9 to come out, fixes the few gripes that most have with the M8 (bottom LCD panel bezel, crappy camera etc - going from the leak render from evleaks).
    When will it be released?

ReputationRep:
    When will it be released?
    HTC and Samsung are both unveiling their new phones on March 1st- should be an interesting day! They'll probably start shipping by April.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would seriously reconsider the G3 it is a very good phone better than the M8 in every way and isn't actually much bigger than the M8 at all, it is actually the same height and thinner than the M8.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  10.3 KB

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.