Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's a girl in my college that I got to know last summer. We became really good friends and rumours quickly came out that she liked me. I really liked her too but we never got together because we're both really shy and one of her really close family members recently passed away and she became really depressed. I kept trying to be a good friend and by New Years everybody was talking about when/if we were going to get together because it was blatantly obvious that we were spending a lot of time together and we were literally always texting each other.

And then suddenly, while I was away over New Years, one of our close friends texted me to tell me that she didn't like me. We texted each other about it and decided that we didn't want any of the awkwardness but wanted to still be really good friends.

But during the past month though, she's been getting closer than ever to me, and rumours have started to circulate that she's changed her mind. We spend almost every free lesson together and she's started talking about prom and going away and really personal stuff... But I'm not 100% certain that she has actually changed her mind, and I feel that asking her out would just make the whole situation awkward.

I want us to get together more than anything though, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Go for it, bro. Go for it. Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her if she wants to hang out and watch a movie. That way you have all bases covered and can take it down the FWB route too, should you so wish :bandit:

ReputationRep:
    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...311X0-V1HltN5w

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.