Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just worked out with 5 subjects I have 360 hours of test papers to do, that's 20 days, how I'm going to do them all in 3 months while not having all the notes done or even finished learning all of the specification I honestly don't know and am so scared, first exam on May 12th..
    I took accelerated maths where I do the whole alevel maths in one year so I can do further maths next year, so that counts as two subjects and then I took chemistry physics and economics.. 😩😫
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Christina Tiana)
    Just worked out with 5 subjects I have 360 hours of test papers to do, that's 20 days, how I'm going to do them all in 3 months while not having all the notes done or even finished learning all of the specification I honestly don't know and am so scared, first exam on May 12th..
    I took accelerated maths where I do the whole alevel maths in one year so I can do further maths next year, so that counts as two subjects and then I took chemistry physics and economics..
    You do not need to do 360 hours worth of past papers! Particularly for Maths, they have a lot more past papers available than any other subject. If you do 10 past papers for each module then that works out as about 1 paper a day, which is manageable I think (but even that's probably overkill). For other subjects, there are generally fewer than that. It's definitely possible but obviously some good planning is needed!

ReputationRep:
    • Don't do alllllllllll the test papers... do specific PARTS of it, you know, the parts that are your weaknesses? for the time being, work on your revision and make sure you know the stuff...then, once you feel like you've covered everything, THEN attempt the past papers... okay, you can do 2 whole past papers to start off with and then mark them and see where your strengths and weaknesses lie...after marking them, carry on doing more past papers but pick on the specific questions that are your weaknesses and attempt them until you fully understand how to do them. Make sure you have a mark scheme out in front of you too... remember, it's the quality of revision that counts, not quantity

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I have even more..I know but I think its best to do whole past papers since everything is my weakness😒 thank you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.