Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I previously studied a Science foundation degree in Science, which was a 4 year course and after completing the first year I was offered a place to study a BSc in Computer Science in which I did the first year, now I started my application for a completely new degree program and was told by a student finance that the computer science degree was classed as a second application for a student loan for tuition costs
    Now I am left with a completely different view on my process for going forward in my present application. But because I was offered it by my same university as a continuation for studying in Science, have I been miss lead?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

Every student is entitled to one repeat year, effectively if your now going on another new course then this would mean your repeating 1st year of a course for a 2nd time meaning we can only award you a maintenance loan in the first year of this new course as well as any supplementary grants you got such as childcare and disable students allowance.

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.