Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do other males sometimes hate gay males Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am not trying to be offensive, I was thinking about my time in school and wondered.

There was one boy who came out as gay and alot of the males hated his guts and would say stuff behind his back.

Girls didn't and don't seem to care and I have to agree. I don't feel as though these people should really be concerned about someone's sexuality or let it effect their view of the person.

I have been other places such as clubs and scouts and other males will always antagognise them calling them gay and ostracizing them. I have the odd time fallen to this. They drew on my pencil case , shouted at me, ignored me etc while all I wanted to do was get on with my day in peace. I didn't really make many friends because of this.

I don't actually understand though why particularly lad boys have to hate these people. I have spoken to people who literally can't stand someone because they are gay. Like what is with it?

It just makes me wonder sometimes. Is it just ignorance?:confused: I just can't see the justication.

ReputationRep:
    I think the fear is firstly that they may be considered to be gay by association, thus lowering their status within their own social circle, secondly that you may flirt with them, which would make them feel emasculated in some way and thirdly the existence of out homosexuals forces them to confront their own sexuality.

Ultimately education is the cure to homophobia, PSHCE lessons which discuss how different elements of queerdom actually work as opposed to simply stating that homophobia is unacceptable without explaining how sexuality actually works. I'm bisexual myself and have to confess to have being a little uncomfortable with gay people when I was a child (I grew out of it when I was about twelve) because people attack that which they don't understand.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Here:

"I don't want him to fall in love with me and try to bum me"

A good chunk of straight men think gay men are sex animals :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
    I think the fear is firstly that they may be considered to be gay by association, thus lowering their status within their own social circle, secondly that you may flirt with them, which would make them feel emasculated in some way and thirdly the existence of out homosexuals forces them to confront their own sexuality.

Ultimately education is the cure to homophobia, PSHCE lessons which discuss how different elements of queerdom actually work as opposed to simply stating that homophobia is unacceptable without explaining how sexuality actually works. I'm bisexual myself and have to confess to have being a little uncomfortable with gay people when I was a child (I grew out of it when I was about twelve) because people attack that which they don't understand.
    Well I am not sure what I am but as of now I am straight. Anyway um yeah at the start I was unsure of gay people aswell because we don't have many in Northern Ireland so I um didn't really know how to react. But seeing people on tv I soon realised they were just as normal as anyone else.

People would say to me that "they were gay" themselves but I remain cautious. I think it is more that they are scared to let their guard down for something. Still don't get the random hatred.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    I am not trying to be offensive, I was thinking about my time in school and wondered.
    There is the problem. Children are horrible creatures, they tend to lack basic morals and ethics.

Being civilised is taught, it is not a primal instinct. Fearing the unknown and there rejecting it is a survival instinct.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.