Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Provisional Driving License:I want to buy a car watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do I need insurance to buy a car ?
    Pls suggest me from where I can buy a used automatic within £1000.
    I live London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mailsmsi)
    I live London
    To move a car on the road it needs to be taxed and whoever is driving the car needs to be insured to drive it. To tax a car it needs to be insured. So whilst it is possible to do with either a car transporter of someone else insuring the vehicle or the party selling delivering to you pre sale and then parking it off road there are practical difficulties.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks DJKL for your reply.

I spoke one insurance company over the phone.
    He informed me that I can buy a car with provisional license.And , I can drive with someone 21+ with me.
    After passing ,I just need to inform them.

Pls confirm all his advice is correct.

ReputationRep:
    I live London
    The person you drive with needs 3 years of experience too.
    Btw if you pass your test on an automatic you'll only be eligible to drive automatic cards.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all for the reply.

But to buy a car insurance ,as a provisional license holder , it is £1100 per year
    but if I say(to check how much it cost after passing the test) I passed less than one month, the quote comes to £ 2000 per year

Totally confusing.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all for the reply.

But to buy a car insurance ,as a provisional license holder , it is £1100 per year
    but if I say(to check how much it cost after passing the test) I passed less than one month, the quote comes to £ 2000 per year

Totally confusing.
    It's not confusing, it makes sense that insurance is cheaper on a provisional license as there is someone else in the car and the insurance company deems you less of a risk.

On a full license, and passing within a month, will mean you're a higher risk and so you will pay more.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ELLO Dave

But if I buy now as provisional license ,after passing can I get no claim bonus.
    That is can I save some money after passing because I am already insured

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.