The Student Room Group

English Literature GCSE

Hello All,
Please could you give this subject a rating out of 10 for GCSE as I'm thoroughly interested to see how many actually like this subject; I hate all aspects of it.
Original post by JackS1234567
Hello All,
Please could you give this subject a rating out of 10 for GCSE as I'm thoroughly interested to see how many actually like this subject; I hate all aspects of it.

erm 5? I didnt like it much. The only aspect i liked in the exam was analysing the unseen poem.
Original post by cookiemonster15
erm 5? I didnt like it much. The only aspect i liked in the exam was analysing the unseen poem.

You liked the UNSEEN poem?! :eek: you must be really good at it then :tongue: I hated all aspects of poetry, especially the unseen...

I liked the novellas we studied though - didn't mind the essays, but I preferred the reading and analysing :biggrin:
Maybe an 8/9? I highly disliked the coursework topic, but Of Mice and Men is really interesting - as is our other novel. They have really interesting contextual points as well. :smile:

The poems can be equally as interesting, but it is the exam I'm most worried about :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest