The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

When drawing complex ions what way do we have to draw it ?
Is it in a 3D shape or does can it all be in the same plane (i.e using the same lines) ? Can someone please show me an example ?
Thanks xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have the june 14 paper? I can't seem to find it, sorry if it's already been posted!
Original post by EloiseFH
Does anyone have the june 14 paper? I can't seem to find it, sorry if it's already been posted!

Here lol yea its been posted before. its awkward paper at the start but gets better from question 2 onwards.
Original post by boredandstudying
Do you guys know how to work out how many marks are needed to get an A overall? I found the grade boundaries and know how many marks gives an A on each individual paper but don't know what the overall UMS to get an A is... if that makes sense?

It's 480 UMS for an A overall I think
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pinkgorilla
When drawing complex ions what way do we have to draw it ?
Is it in a 3D shape or does can it all be in the same plane (i.e using the same lines) ? Can someone please show me an example ?
Thanks xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends sometimes they say allow it but 3D is your best bet in that case from the markschemes side. Like tetrahedral is standard one dotted line one wedged line and two normal lines. But for a square planar you can do it normal 4 lines or use two wedged lines and two dotted to demonstrate
Original post by MathsAddict
Depends sometimes they say allow it but 3D is your best bet in that case from the markschemes side. Like tetrahedral is standard one dotted line one wedged line and two normal lines. But for a square planar you can do it normal 4 lines or use two wedged lines and two dotted to demonstrate

Thanks very much :smile:
How are you feeling ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pinkgorilla
Thanks very much :smile:
How are you feeling ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am cramming so much information its a bit crazy XD, literally memorized nearly everything in the F334 revise book. Now i am just finishing off last couple papers. I don't like chemistry tbh i prefer physics and maths,
can someone help me with naming complexes and writing down the formula for complexes? I really don't get those :/
Original post by chococup123
can someone help me with naming complexes and writing down the formula for complexes? I really don't get those :/

For the formula it is:
[ metal cation (ligand) ] overall charge

For the name:

The no. of ligands
The ligand name (in alphabetical order)
The name of the central metal *
The oxidation state of the METAL in brackets

*If the overall charge is positive then use the normal name but if negative then -ate ,e.g. cuprate instead of copper
Original post by Anonymous696061
Hello, this isn't complete, but this is just some generic answers I've made to some common Q's I've seen creep up -I just thought it might help some people struggling with revision! -Good luck!:biggrin:

Life saver just saved me having to write it up my self XD. Thanks a lot man.
Original post by radhikagulati
For the formula it is:
[ metal cation (ligand) ] overall charge

For the name:

The no. of ligands
The ligand name (in alphabetical order)
The name of the central metal *
The oxidation state of the METAL in brackets

*If the overall charge is positive then use the normal name but if negative then -ate ,e.g. cuprate instead of copper

Thanks a lot!
Hello, this isn't complete, but this is just some generic answers I've made to some common Q's I've seen creep up -I just thought it might help some people struggling with revision! -Good luck!:biggrin:

Thanks a lot :smile:
Good luck for tomorrow !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw we don't have to know how steel is made and all of that crap that comes up in the really old papers right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is brilliant! Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsAddict
LOOOOOOL F334 June 2014 is total bull**** so many tricks. They really hated that year group xD

yeah i did f334 last year, im resitting it this year, the exam was such a bit**. in the middle of the exam i nearly broke down and started crying :biggrin: hope this year is a lot nicer
Original post by MrPolish
yeah i did f334 last year, im resitting it this year, the exam was such a bit**. in the middle of the exam i nearly broke down and started crying :biggrin: hope this year is a lot nicer

I saw that they made the first question awkward but using my book managed. Then two was awkward again with the colorimetry. Then 3 and 4 were much better questions compared to 1 and 2 What i realised is that never break down in an exam thats their aim.
Original post by MrPolish

sammeeeee, I just fully gave up on that exam, worst paper I ever sat. So scared about what tomorrow will hold especially after that bio paper.
Original post by anni101
sammeeeee, I just fully gave up on that exam, worst paper I ever sat. So scared about what tomorrow will hold especially after that bio paper.

I'm resitting too. I hated that exam! I think OCR realise that there will be many resitters, I wander how that would change their approach
Original post by anni101

did you resat biol unit 4 as well ? i really liked that paper compared to last years biology :smile:
Can someone please explain how to draw polydentate complex ions?? such as EDTA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending