The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TikiLodge
I just said that scrap steel was magnetic so could easily be reused again. I'm sure it was incorrect though

the scrap steel is used to regulate temperatures i think , i remember seeing this question in a past paper but sounds like there were multiply reasons
Original post by holliejadex
What did everyone put for the 2 marker about the high resistance voltmeter having an incorrect value? excluding experimental error

I put not standard conditions (pretty sure that's right)
Not standard states (very unsure)
I said how it was at 20 degrees instead of 25 but I think that might come under experimental error. I didn't know what else to put

I put that the voltmeter may not have measured the highest voltage and also that the salt bridge may not have fully connected the circuit?
Defiantly don't think I was right though - only two marks at the end of the day though I guess! :u:
What about the Dna 5 mark question. What did people put?
What did everyone put for the 2 marker about the high resistance voltmeter having an incorrect value? excluding experimental error

the student did the experimnt at 20 degrees when standard conditions are 25.
and, the student used only APPROX. 1moldm-3 and not exactly 1moldm-3
:smile:
anyone remember me saying about the biology stuff coming up?...
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
Non standard conditions 0.1M instead of 1M and 20degrews instead of 25 degrees

Yeah to adjust temperature of furnace

Ah hello. Yh I wrote that aswell. Made the most foolish mistakes in this paper haha. Maybe dropped 10-15 marks. Was actually pretty hard compared to all other years. How did u find it
Original post by Beasttty
everyone is saying tri on here

I put di :s-smilie: The spectra showed a peak around 3600, which could only be for an OH group, right? The tri monomer didn't have any OH groups.
Original post by emliche

I put that the bases bond via hydrogen bonds. 2 between A and T and then 3 between C and G. For replication I said about DNA polymerease and helicase catalysing the separation of stands that then mRNA synthesising the strand by joining via the complementary bases?
Not sure though :frown:
Original post by emliche

I put how A-T has two bonds while C-G has 3 therefore it acts as a copying mechanism because each base can only bond to their corresponding pair. I've never seen a question like that come up before though...
Original post by emliche

Um to summarise I wrote hydrogen bonds between the 2 pairs of bases. 2 between A and T and 3 between C and G. During replication H bonds break separating strands and complementary bases make new hydrogen bonds to exposed bases and new strand is synthesised allowing DNA to replicate
Okay what did everybody say for the weird one on like explain reasons people might give for having their DNA tested, having it on a database and having it removed?
I put that the bases bond via hydrogen bonds. 2 between A and T and then 3 between C and G. For replication I said about DNA polymerease and helicase catalysing the separation of stands that then mRNA synthesising the strand by joining via the complementary bases?
Not sure though :frown:

That's right i think, but it was talking about DNA replication so I think mRNA isn't involved. You had mention free neucleotides
Original post by LordGaben
Ah hello. Yh I wrote that aswell. Made the most foolish mistakes in this paper haha. Maybe dropped 10-15 marks. Was actually pretty hard compared to all other years. How did u find it

I think it was very hard in comparison to other years papers. I think I've probably dropped about 10-15 marks too. Wasn't sure what to out for the gas valve thing. I just said to stop oxygen getting in so iron 2+ isn't oxidised. :/ what did u get for the ion that iodide reacts with?
That DNA question was do-able but the different amounts of hydrogen bonding was just there to give the biologists a hand..
Original post by student1508
Okay what did everybody say for the weird one on like explain reasons people might give for having their DNA tested, having it on a database and having it removed?

I said how people would give it for future generations of family, for people who had committed crimes and people who were suspected of crimes.
I think it was very hard in comparison to other years papers. I think I've probably dropped about 10-15 marks too. Wasn't sure what to out for the gas valve thing. I just said to stop oxygen getting in so iron 2+ isn't oxidised. :/ what did u get for the ion that iodide reacts with?

It was the more postive half cell that reacted with the I-. Did you give your answer to 2sf or 3sf in maths. I gave it to 2. Got 97%. Messed up that question with the gas valve so badly but it was so simple 😭😭

I got VO^2+. Is that for the NaI one?
I said how people would give it for future generations of family, for people who had committed crimes and people who were suspected of crimes.

Ahh yes me too!! I'm worried I really need a A on this but I think I made a lot of stupid mistakes:/
Original post by student1508
Ahh yes me too!! I'm worried I really need a A on this but I think I made a lot of stupid mistakes:/

I made some stupid mistakes as well. This paper was literally nothing like the past papers. Hopefully we did fine though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending