Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's Feb 1st.. did you keep up your New Year's Resolution? watch

ReputationRep:
    First month of the new year complete! Did you maintain your resolution.. or has it quietly been forgotten?

Perhaps you had a challenge just for January... Did you make it? And are you going to continue it??

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I think I gave up after two days. The dedication.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channies)
    Nope, I think I gave up after two days. The dedication.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hah! what was it?

ReputationRep:
    Partly...
    Mine was to work-out every day.
    I have done some exercise every day, but I wouldn't say I did a proper workout every day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    hah! what was it?
    lol! It wasn't even a hard one. Drinking 8 glasses of water and getting my 5 a day. But I'm going to start again today, thanks to this thread. It's inspired me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yes. I never made one

ReputationRep:
    Mine was not to procrastinate.

I failed

ReputationRep:
    One of mine was to start keeping a diary. So far I'm still keeping it up, not like my previous childhood efforts which I quickly got bored with. So that one's pretty successful.

My other one was to try new foods as I'm still quite a picky eater even though I'm 18, and my current restricted diet can't be healthy. That's going much slower than I expected but I wouldn't say it's failed yet.

ReputationRep:
    Same as above, mine was not to procrastinate and work out as much as possible as well.
    Well the former obviously hasn't been going well and the latter.. I only worked out like once in the last month, lmao.
    BUT given that it's a new month, I'm getting back on track and eating healthy and working out from today on.
    However, we'll see how the ''no procrastination'' goal goes

ReputationRep:
    i think my goals were to buy more jewelry and start playing the steel drums. haven't taken steps towards either.

ReputationRep:
    Still on track. My resolution/aim was to get healthier (exercise and eat better). I had a few slip ups with the diet but for the most part it's still all going well. Seeing and a feeling a difference is definitely a good motivator to keep going.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes!! I haven't watched Netflix since New Year's Eve ☺️😁☺️ it's been tough

ReputationRep:
    Interesting I made it! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really make any other than just trrying to get my act together with getting a different job and/or applying for stuff.

Finally sorted out my application for NHS scientist training program last week. So I guess that counts.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'm not sure if I've kept mine.

My two were to:

Start revision - only 1 exam left to go next Friday but I did revise for the best part of a few weeks!

Stop eating noodles as much as I did - gone from 6 a week to just 2, my resolution was to get it down to 1 a week.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.