Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Driving Society: Upgrading Car, advise? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 21 years old and have been driving since 17, having 3 years no claims.
    Atm, I'm paying around £700 for insurance but i don't think it will change too much, regarding the car.

My car history has been basic first cars e.g. vauxhall corsa 1.2, Volkswagen polo 1.2, ford fiesta 1.4. Some of these were shared between me and my brother.
    I've always put cars before anything else (main interest) and studying automotive engineering as well haha!

My budget has been set around saving for a few years and treating myself for my 21st. Budget: £7500

My ideas were:
    Golf GTI 2.0 06 onwards, Audi A3 tdi s line 2.0, bmw 118d are my main three suggestions.

Still debating whether to go for petrol or diesel, maybe your ideas will change my perspective As well as going to a car auction to grab a good deal!

If you have any other ideas, please share! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with the tdi A3, my tdi golf has never missed a beat or for something a bit different, Volvo c30

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.