Joshua-P
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi. I'm studying GCSE Triple Science and my Physics teacher is pretty bad so I'm not getting the grades I want to. Do you know of any resources which could aid me in revision for Physics except the obvious of a revision guide? Thanks
¡Muy bien!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What exam board are you on? Personally I did AQA and found that reading from revision guides(CGP) is enough for the learning part(some may say textbooks are good to have but I didn't need them).
Then for practicing do lots of past papers. I also made flashcards with things to remember like definitions or the stages of convection.
I found this website, it looks good: www.animatedscience.co.uk/p123-revision

I got 3A* for all 3 sciences so it worked for me, however it may not for you. Try to find what helps you learn. Good luck!
Joshua-P
Rep:
?
(Original post by ¡Muy bien!)
What exam board are you on? Personally I did AQA and found that reading from revision guides(CGP) is enough for the learning part(some may say textbooks are good to have but I didn't need them).
Then for practicing do lots of past papers. I also made flashcards with things to remember like definitions or the stages of convection.
I found this website, it looks good: www.animatedscience.co.uk/p123-revision

I got 3A* for all 3 sciences so it worked for me, however it may not for you. Try to find what helps you learn. Good luck!
Yes I'm on AQA too. I don't have the GCP books. Do you advise getting specific exam board books?
¡Muy bien!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had 3 CGP revision guides - one for every science, and they were great. I bought them from my school, maybe yours sells them too. If not, you can always buy them on the internet. They were specific to AQA which is good cause there's no point learning stuff for other exam boards you don't need to know!
I also forgot to mention - get the specifications from the AQA website.
Joshua-P
Rep:
?
(Original post by ¡Muy bien!)
I had 3 CGP revision guides - one for every science, and they were great. I bought them from my school, maybe yours sells them too. If not, you can always buy them on the internet. They were specific to AQA which is good cause there's no point learning stuff for other exam boards you don't need to know!
I also forgot to mention - get the specifications from the AQA website.
At our school they sell specific AQA ones - but i've found some stuff on the mock exams we've done aren't in there and they only provide a very basic analysis of each subject. I'll have a look for the GCP ones

Edit: is this the one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/GCSE-Physics...gp+aqa+physics
mojo98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My teacher told my a level physics class last week that every time you see someone from your class you should say state a fact about physics. It helps you remember what you already know and teaches you important things you may of missed it lesson. You have to make sure you never use the same fact twice so you cover your whole unit rather than one little bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
¡Muy bien!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Joshua-P)
At our school they sell specific AQA ones - but i've found some stuff on the mock exams we've done aren't in there and they only provide a very basic analysis of each subject. I'll have a look for the GCP ones

Edit: is this the one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/GCSE-Physics...gp+aqa+physics
Yes that's the one I had and I found it great.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (154)
54.8%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (41)
14.59%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.25%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.63%

Watched Threads