The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
I have just had another update regarding the posting process and why it is taking so long. It is an helpful update and I'm pretty sure that those of you who are waiting will have had this update this morning too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sa-95
I have just had another update regarding the posting process and why it is taking so long. It is an helpful update and I'm pretty sure that those of you who are waiting will have had this update this morning too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you been told that you have a position already or are you on the reserve list? I'm on reserve list but didn't get an email.
Reply 2062
heres a copy of the email

We would like to apologise for the on-going delay. The process is taking much longer than we would like and we are very grateful for your patience.
We have now had confirmation and details of posts available from all Departments. It will take us up to 2 weeks to work through these and check each post for location and framework against individual's preferences.
We work through lists in merit order. We have 110 posts and 175 people on the reserve list, so we will not have posts for everyone on the reserve list.
We are working hard to endeavour to meet the needs of individuals but we cannot guarantee roles in your preferred location.
We will continue to keep you updated on progress and aim to issue regular updates over the next 2 weeks.
Thank you very much for your patience.
Reply 2063
Original post by paisley10
Have you been told that you have a position already or are you on the reserve list? I'm on reserve list but didn't get an email.

That's the email on the thread Paisley, it's just an update unfortunately
Reply 2064
Hi guys, I accepted an offer today for Nottingham :smile: there is definitely hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Sa-95;59942667"]Hi guys, I accepted an offer today for Nottingham :smile: there is definitely hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Did they ring you?
Reply 2066
[QUOTE="Lauren457;59946951"]
Original post by Sa-95
Hi guys, I accepted an offer today for Nottingham :smile: there is definitely hope!

Yes, Nadine called me
Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Did they ring you?
The number which I rang last week and spoke to nadine on no one is answering now
Reply 2068
Can't believe that I have only just found this thread.

I was contacted from the reserve list on the 18th of August and informed I was being placed onto a waiting list for a position and should expect to hear back by the end of September.

Was in the same boat as a lot of you and didn't hear anything, emailed Jackie early on in October, who informed me that they still had not confirmed the amount of posts available, and that they were expecting to have that completed within the next week.

Shortly after I received the email which I believe that we all received stating that there was 110 posts for 175 reserves and that they would be sorting through lists over the following 2 weeks.

Was then contacted by Nadine yesterday on the 15th of October telling me that I had been posted to a Business Admin apprenticeship! Not my 1st choice of framework but I'm happy to accept!

I was contacted from a mobile number, not a 0300 number like some others in this thread.

Now waiting for the lead of department to get in touch with me regarding job role, pre-apointment checks and start dates. I asked Nadine when I should expect to hear from the lead and she told me if I hadn't heard back within a week to get back in touch. I must note she did seem very busy over the phone.

Also assuming everyone else got the follow up reserve list update email today? 35 people posted to roles since the 13th. 70 posts remaining for 124 reserves.

How long has it taken everyone to receive start dates after being posted to a framework and location? Was hoping to start before Christmas.

Good luck to everyone!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jaamz

How long has it taken everyone to receive start dates after being posted to a framework and location? Was hoping to start before Christmas.

Good luck to everyone!

I was posted almost two weeks ago and I still haven't got a call from my department I've rang nadine twice and will be ringing again Monday
Reply 2070
Original post by hollyr_
I was posted almost two weeks ago and I still haven't got a call from my department I've rang nadine twice and will be ringing again Monday

Yeah reading through this thread it seems the process from here forward is still rather drawn out.

They definitely seem to be putting a conscious effort to keep people informed at this moment though. Hopefully if they complete posting people to roles within the 2 weeks like they have said the process from there on can move forward a lot faster.

I see that you have been posted to the department of Education. All I got told was that I was posted to a "Business Admin Apprenticeship"

Did you receive that info over Email or by phone?

Hopefully you get some solid information on Monday!
Original post by Jaamz

Did you receive that info over Email or by phone?

Hopefully you get some solid information on Monday!

It was over the phone, she gave me location framework and department not heard anything since other than that she'd chase them both times that I rang
Hi, has anyone else been placed in DfE in Manchester on Business Admin Framework? I've was on the reserve list and received a call from Nadine about 3 weeks ago telling me where I'd been allocated. Just received an email from DfE saying that they are placing us into teams, I should hear from my line manager next week. Anyone in the same boat? ; )
Original post by LisaThur
Hi, has anyone else been placed in DfE in Manchester on Business Admin Framework? I've was on the reserve list and received a call from Nadine about 3 weeks ago telling me where I'd been allocated. Just received an email from DfE saying that they are placing us into teams, I should hear from my line manager next week. Anyone in the same boat? ; )

Exactly the same boat but for in Sheffield
Reply 2074
My experience has been quite different to a lot of you, I was contacted by my department 4 days after receiving the offer asking me to bring in documents for the pre employment checks. The lady who i met told me as soon as the background checks clear they'll contact me with a start date. I'm hoping it shouldn't be longer than a couple weeks.
Reply 2075
Original post by Jid12
My experience has been quite different to a lot of you, I was contacted by my department 4 days after receiving the offer asking me to bring in documents for the pre employment checks. The lady who i met told me as soon as the background checks clear they'll contact me with a start date. I'm hoping it shouldn't be longer than a couple weeks.

Seems like it's taking longe for others including myself unfortunately, where are you placed and what department?
Original post by Jid12

That sounds good so do you mean you should start in a couple of weeks?
And what checks did you have to do?
Reply 2077
I've been placed in HMRC Shipley as an Administrative Officer. I had to bring in ID for the DBS check, there was a health questionnaire and some document regarding pension also had to give two referees who surprisingly couldn't be previous employers. The people seemed really nice and were very reassuring so that was good, I'm looking forward to starting now.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2078
Original post by Jid12
I've been placed in HMRC Shipley as an Administrative Officer. I had to bring in ID for the DBS check, there was a health questionnaire and some documents regarding pension. The people seemed really nice and were very reassuring so that was good, I'm looking forward to starting now.

That sounds good, so checks are expected of course. Just different departments taking longer to get back to us. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Jid12
I've been placed in HMRC Shipley as an Administrative Officer. I had to bring in ID for the DBS check, there was a health questionnaire and some document regarding pension also had to give two referees who surprisingly couldn't be previous employers. The people seemed really nice and were very reassuring so that was good, I'm looking forward to starting now.

Thanks for the info very helpful:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending